The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

The thing is for Shire is next season is probably the last opportunity they'll have to get back into League 2.

Realistically only having to compete with Berwick, EK and Kelty (poss. Bonnyrigg). Before the EoS teams come en masse,

Not Spartans, who won league last year? Not BSC who have finished 3rd and 2nd in last 2 seasons?

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

This signing is certainly a statement. I’d heard that this was the quality of player we were looking at but I didn’t expect us to actually sign them. After reading the Kelty thread it also shows that we can match the type of players that they are looking to bring in which should make for an exciting battle next year. I wonder how Spartans, BSC and EK will respond to this, do they have the funds to match Kelty and the Shire?

If they do I would imagine they won’t go public with it, and create an inflated market. This is the danger for Shire I think, clubs and players will be looking for a wee bit more now 

17 hours ago, craigiemack said:

This signing is certainly a statement. I’d heard that this was the quality of player we were looking at but I didn’t expect us to actually sign them. After reading the Kelty thread it also shows that we can match the type of players that they are looking to bring in which should make for an exciting battle next year. I wonder how Spartans, BSC and EK will respond to this, do they have the funds to match Kelty and the Shire?

I doubt BSC will be making wholesale changes to their squad. For me getting players like Ross McMillan, Ross Smith, Declan Hughes, Martin Grehan and Tom Orr re-signed was vital. Already we’ve added to that with the signing of Tom Collins and hopefully we can add one or two more. Our relationship with teams such as St Johnstone & Livingston hopefully will continue and we add a few high quality loanees to the squad.

18 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

The thing is for Shire is next season is probably the last opportunity they'll have to get back into League 2.

Realistically only having to compete with Berwick, EK and Kelty (poss. Bonnyrigg). Before the EoS teams come en masse,

They will only be coming in one at a time, surely?

Hope this isn’t east Stirling trying to buy the title , tut tut Bad  words will be spoken about you guys lol 

Best of luck ES shaping up to be a belter next season , who needs league football playing one another  times (yawn) lol (us us) 

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

They will only be coming in one at a time, surely?

Sorry, yes, I was more meaning as the league is becoming increasingly stronger year on year.

Unpopular opinion but there should probs be at least 2 going down from LL every season.

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Sorry, yes, I was more meaning as the league is becoming increasingly stronger year on year.

Unpopular opinion but there should probs be at least 2 going down from LL every season.

That'll probably come - probably before automatic relegation from the SPFL, imo

29 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

... some sticky back plastic. 

For us of that certain generation that means everything. I could never find it in shops when I was a kid even though the guys on the TV told me I could buy it anywhere !

Do you have a secret source ?!

8 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Maybe a bit of a daft questions but - is it the East gate next to Nairns Oatcakes that you get into Peffermill at? I've never been before and notice there's a couple different ways in

Aye from Cameron Toll ye head for Craigmiller,ye pass the uni pitches where leith play and then theres a car park which will be full as doesn't hold much on right hand side with turnstile gates into ground. Plenty parking on main road or opposite ground across road towards industrial estate. Best of luck and have a good day. 

Edited by newcastle broon

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Aye ye pass the uni pitches where leith play and then theres a car park which will be full as doesn't hold much on right hand side with turnstile gates into ground. Plenty parking on main road or opposite ground across road towards industrial estate. Best of luck and have a good day. 

:thumsup2 Cheers man, figured that was the case but I wanted to make sure so I wasn't fannying about at the wrong place.