The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

• 2 weeks later...
Quite enjoyed the shire games I went along to at the stadium this season, does anyone know if the shire will be repeating the half price season ticket offer to Falkirk season ticket holders again next season? 
I would imagine so. I'm sure 40 fans took up on the offer this year. I'll see what I can find out for you.

Good win yesterday, to keep the season going for another week. Started the game strongly and had several opportunities to take the lead, before Ross Allum, finally, did the business. 

Lost our momentum after the goal and Civil Service began to come into the game, eventually equalising. 

Tough old battle, after that, although Andy Rodgers could have won it near the end, but had his spot kick saved by the keeper's legs. 

4-2 win on penalties with Connor Greene, Danny Ashe, Andy Rodgers and Ross Allum making no mistake. 

One tough game done and another one next week at Cumbernauld. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, luggy said:

Hope they can find a supporter for the final

We’ve just found out each club is only getting 3000 tickets. Hope BSC lodge a complaint or put out a statement or both. We deserve twice that amount. 

Certainly been a week of comebacks ! That shire second half performance was absolutely fantastic getting into the spartans players faces giving them no time to settle into the game and a wee change in tactics, well done the management :D 

Wee mention for Brizzy and the maverick Andy Rodgers, 

Obvs these days don't come round often for us (never in my lifetime) so its nice to savour the moment haha 

Great support yesterday hopefully we can take that to the final next sunday.

This signing is certainly a statement. I’d heard that this was the quality of player we were looking at but I didn’t expect us to actually sign them. After reading the Kelty thread it also shows that we can match the type of players that they are looking to bring in which should make for an exciting battle next year. I wonder how Spartans, BSC and EK will respond to this, do they have the funds to match Kelty and the Shire?