The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

36 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

DID NOT ALL THE JOINING JUNIOR CLUBS JOIN THE EAST of SCOTLAND LEAGUE ? WOULD NOT THINK U COULD BE a MEMEBER of 2 ASSOCIATIONS 

WHAT?

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Would a Stirlingshire Cup of Falkirk XI, Alloa, Stirling Albion, Stirling Uni, The Shire, Stenny, Kemlin, Dunipace and Bo'ness be the greatest tournament in world football? That's not for me to say.

No.

To be honest I wouldn't watch a single game in it, doesn't interest me in the slightest - there were reasons that the Stirlingshire Cup died, this would go the same way.

3 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

DID NOT ALL THE JOINING JUNIOR CLUBS JOIN THE EAST of SCOTLAND LEAGUE ? WOULD NOT THINK U COULD BE a MEMEBER of 2 ASSOCIATIONS 

You can.

Burntisland and Kelty are EOS + Fife FA members, contesting both EOS Qualifying + Fife cups.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Would a Stirlingshire Cup of Falkirk XI, Alloa, Stirling Albion, Stirling Uni, The Shire, Stenny, Kemlin, Dunipace and Bo'ness be the greatest tournament in world football? That's not for me to say.

You've forgotten Dumbarton.

Easily done, tbf.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I would try and go to them all tbh.

Why, if in your own words its a Falkirk XI rather than the first team? Alloa, Stenny and Stirling wouldn't play their first teams - I seriously doubt (based on attendances at Stirlingshire Cup games over the last two decades or so) that there is any appetite to see Dunipace v Stirling Under 18s or Camelon v Stenhousemuir Colts.

...and @HibeeJibee you forgot Clydebank

15 hours ago, drs said:

Why, if in your own words its a Falkirk XI rather than the first team? Alloa, Stenny and Stirling wouldn't play their first teams - I seriously doubt (based on attendances at Stirlingshire Cup games over the last two decades or so) that there is any appetite to see Dunipace v Stirling Under 18s or Camelon v Stenhousemuir Colts.

...and @HibeeJibee you forgot Clydebank

We are the largest club in the region by a distance.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:22, HibeeJibee said:

forgotten Dumbarton.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:53, drs said:

forgot Clydebank

Dunbartonshire Cup, IMO.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

appears to have missed Sauchie, if Alloa are in

Clackmannanshire Cup, IMO.

Respective winners plus Stirlingshire winners contest Central Supercup...

Edited by HibeeJibee

2-0 defeat to East Kilbride but thought we were very unlucky not to take something from the game. 

Poor defending at the first goal didn't help and makes the task all the harder, as there isn't much between the teams but we came back strongly in the second half and had East Kilbride hanging on for a result. Goal in the last minute made the scoreline a little unfair but East Kilbride looking favourites for the title now. 

The bottom line is Shire is just not good enough. Yes, we get good wins now and then, and being unlucky means nothing without results, so that's not going to win the league.  I think we will be in this league for a long time, if not forever, unless there is a heavy investment into the club, which i  hope that does happen, but not anywhere in the near future.  

The bottom line is Shire is just not good enough. Yes, we get good wins now and then, and being unlucky means nothing without results, so that's not going to win the league.  I think we will be in this league for a long time, if not forever, unless there is a heavy investment into the club, which i  hope that does happen, but not anywhere in the near future.  
Your manager was right about people not getting excited about a promotion push until after the run of games up to Christmas. As top junior clubs slowly filter their way in, the LL is going to become a much stronger division in the years ahead. That either provides a stronger base to build from with more crowds like the 500 at the Lithgae Rose cup game or provides the recipe for an eventual further relegation.

53 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
4 hours ago, The Big Man 15 said:

Your manager was right about people not getting excited about a promotion push until after the run of games up to Christmas. As top junior clubs slowly filter their way in, the LL is going to become a much stronger division in the years ahead. That either provides a stronger base to build from with more crowds like the 500 at the Lithgae Rose cup game or provides the recipe for an eventual further relegation.

Were Kelty once a top Junior club  ?

I'd say the LL is a strong league as it is but I see what you're getting at ;)

All of the  LL  clubs will be looking over their shoulders at what s beneath them.

A lot of clubs need heavy investments but it's no gonnae happen anytime soon. 

500 crowds are rare even  in the SPFL bottom league,just another sly dig at the LL in it's present format.

Edited by newcastle broon