The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Wow, Linlithgow are one of the worst teams I’ve seen since we’ve came down to this level, they’re completely out of their depth in the proper leagues
Their fans complain that the East of Scotland set up this season means they are playing diddy sides most weeks so when they have decent opposition they struggle to raise their game,

...tsk, tsk .......... excuses, excuses.

10 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Wow, Linlithgow are one of the worst teams I’ve seen since we’ve came down to this level, they’re completely out of their depth in the proper leagues

Get it right round then cmon shire. Camelon won 3-0 @ gretna. We are at lthv in round 4. Camelon vs shire final 

I think the Shire felt sorry for them at that point - horrendous performance from the over reaching former Juniors in the second half, almost as bad as the weather.

Humiliation doesn't even begin to cover that today, I loved it. That's twice the Wee Rose have come west this season and that's twice they have been utterly thrashed.

Edited by drs

That's the first time I've seen the Shire win a game since the 1980s.

What a way to do it! :lol:

FFS imagine letting that mob score against you. [emoji20]

We had to let them score considering they brought so many fans.
Shire v Kelty. 267
Shire v lithgae. 505
They may be a diddy team but they are certainly a lot better supported than your diddy team.

Wee team out on a cup jolly. :lol: Average attendances for the season would tend to show otherwise. [emoji4] Kelty have left the wee rose far behind in recent years, attendances are dwindling and if they don't get into Lowland league next season that will continue.

Somehow I don’t think many of them will be Jolly tonight.

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

does anyone know if the remembrance day jersey is available to buy?im planning going to Fridays game and have a mate who lives overseas who watched the shire as a young 'un who would maybe like one

Unfortunately not. It was a one off strip paid for in advance by individual fans who then will get one of the strips used by the players. The profits raised of £350 from the sale of the strip went to the Scottish Poppy Fund.

I posted a few week ago about how Ricki Lamie has somehow ended up in the SPL so it only seems fair to shout out David Bates, who’s in the Scotland squad. I thought he was a good player but nowhere near the level of quality of Luke Donnelly or Kevin Nisbet and I’ve no idea how they are only playing League 1 level. I wonder who was the last ex shire player to play for Scotland? Maybe Dead will know.

Could very well be. On looking up George Wood I seen that he, despite being a goalkeeper, managed to score a goal for the Shire which poses another question. Is he the last goalkeeper to score for the shire [emoji23]? Without naming those that have chucked them into their own goal, of which there are a few.

Presumably the LL standings are a bit skewith.

You guys pumped the wee Rose while the Edinburgh Tax dodgers got a hiding from Socky.

The dodgers seemingly got pumped also by Glasgow Uni.

Should you be despatching them back to the union on Friday night ?