The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Yeah we played to his strengths yesterday. After watching the highlights I forgot just how many good chances we had to go one up or bring it back to a draw.

Disappointed that the Brisbane penalty claim isn’t in the highlights just so people could stop with the narrative that the ref cost us the game. I don’t think I’ve seen as blatant a dive and I can’t believe the ref even had to consult his linesman to give it as a dive.

The ref who was closer to the action and at a better angle gave the penalty then changed his mind probably after consulting with his linesman , I was too far away to say either way but one thing for sure Brisbane got to it first and was the only one who touched the ball.

1 hour ago, luggy said:

The ref who was closer to the action and at a better angle gave the penalty then changed his mind probably after consulting with his linesman , I was too far away to say either way but one thing for sure Brisbane got to it first and was the only one who touched the ball.

Craigie's in the goalkeeper's Union! 

We really need a win today so we can look forward to spending the rest of the season pottering around mid-table, but I'm not particularly optimistic about it - it's exactly the type of match we've been rubbish in this season, and I'm pretty sure it was this time last year we had an absolute shocker against Gretna when their manager had to go in goals and we still couldn't score. 

The forums incredibly cringey. It’s supposed to be a ‘fans’ forum but out of the 400 members maybe 150/200 at most are shire fans.

99% of the posts are made by the 150/200 Shire fans so it’s not the fault of the 200/250 nosey cants.

12 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Fraser Neave has joined the Shire hope he does well. Ex Selkirk and Gala. Good footballer and a good lad. 

Was surprised to see that signing to be fair as don’t think he was playing at Gala. Good luck to the lad tho

23 hours ago, Spency said:

Was surprised to see that signing to be fair as don’t think he was playing at Gala. Good luck to the lad tho

Left Gala in late September. 

Thought he was having a career break like Rhys Craigie but obviously not. Good signing and adds depth.