The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

KICKED OFF THE PARK . YET AGAIN a JUNIOR TEAM PLAYING SENIOR IS REFFED UNDER JUNIOR RULES FOR THEIR CHALLENGES . HOW THE KELTY FORWARD STAYED ON FOR HIS CHALLENGE ON CONNOR GREENE WAS UNBELIEVABLE. 10 SECONDS LATE , FROM BEHIND & MAKING CONTACT JUST BELOW THE KNEE  WITH HIGH FEET . RESULT SHIRE BOOKING AFTER a BRAWL & ONLY a YELLOW FOR THE CHALLENGE! ! THE PETERHEAD MANAGER WAS AT THE GAME & ALSO COULD NOT BELIEVE KELTY DID NOT HAVE RED CARDS SHOWN TO THEM. 

You must have been the knobend calling Kelty a junior team that’s worse than Camelon :blink:. Andy Rodgers two weeks late clatters carstairs, no booking. Brisbane late studs showing on husband, could have been red. A scithing challenge from behind on husband, also only a yellow. Get that chip off your shoulder. You won the game, if Brisbane and Rodgers tried kicking the ball instead of players and throwing them self to the deck maybe you would have won by more.

I TAKE IT THE LOWERCASE IS BROKEN.
utter shite, Kelty played probably their worst game of the season. Best team definitely won however Hubby and Cargi were taken out with no Shire player sent off. Errol involved after a shire ‘challenge’ and he got booked because shire player was already on a yellow.
Some Shire fans obviously still think their a level above with some of the shouts today.
You won, deservedly so, stop greeting and get wi it.
He cant see so he types in capitals.

I agree, we should've jad a booking after about 2 mins when White chopped a boy in the middle of the park.

We gave as good as we got to be fair but the referee didnt get the game under control. Both teams were lucky to keep 11 men on the park.

Errol's shove was high and I've seen it given before, it got a bit heated on the touchline at that point!

I think the frustration for us is that we should be challenging for the title, but 3 seasons in a row the challenge has been over after the first 6 games.

With calibre of players we have had over the years we really should've added to our honours list, so hopefully the cup result will kick start a good run.

Agree. 

Yes I was up out of my seat moaning about the tackle on Conner. But Conner got up and carried on.  No complaints 

I don't think we were kicked of the park, we gave as good as we got. The Motherwell Colts game however !

13 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Wouldnae have minded an away tie. 

Do the Linlithgow trail before the match. 

Exactly this Mr Nimmo 

Delighted to get Linlithgow , but pissed off that its at home.  Maybe a replay 

Some things just aren’t meant to be. The Scottish Cup and Shire are one of those things. Well done Gala, thoroughly deserved it. Ricky Miller was outstanding and always seems to play well against us, don’t know why some fans have a hate to towards him, he’s a borderline cult hero.

Reece Donaldson on the other hand, that man stole a wage and I absolutely despise him.

The shire f*cked my 180/1 10fold coupon including Cowden and Formartine for £900.
In the nicest possible way, you can go and f*ck yourselves.

Gala pumped the shire 3-0 three weeks ago, maybe that’s why it was an 180/1 coupon!

After beating Kelty it looked like you had maybe finally turned things around and were about to go on another roll of good results similar to last season's. Can understand why people would see that as a tempting one in betting terms as your league position probably still looks like a misleading one to a lot of people and may still turn out to be.

Some things just aren’t meant to be. The Scottish Cup and Shire are one of those things. Well done Gala, thoroughly deserved it. Ricky Miller was outstanding and always seems to play well against us, don’t know why some fans have a hate to towards him, he’s a borderline cult hero.

Reece Donaldson on the other hand, that man stole a wage and I absolutely despise him.
Ricky Miller has been Gala's best signing. Was no surprise to me that Gretna beat Gala 2-0 when Ricky was injured.

Yeah we played to his strengths yesterday. After watching the highlights I forgot just how many good chances we had to go one up or bring it back to a draw.

Disappointed that the Brisbane penalty claim isn’t in the highlights just so people could stop with the narrative that the ref cost us the game. I don’t think I’ve seen as blatant a dive and I can’t believe the ref even had to consult his linesman to give it as a dive.

Edited by craigiemack