The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

I appreciate it might not be the best time for a post after a home defeat, but I would like to thank the club for their hospitality to the Vale Committee last night and also to the banter around our band of 11 supporters.

I'm sure to the neutral it was quite an exciting game, it was to us especially the last 12 minutes when we were defending  with our lives.

I'm also sure you have enough quality in the side to be up amongst the top team teams this season again.

So thanks again and I hope we will return the hospitality when you visit Innerleithen later in the season. 

I appreciate it might not be the best time for a post after a home defeat, but I would like to thank the club for their hospitality to the Vale Committee last night and also to the banter around our band of 11 supporters.
I'm sure to the neutral it was quite an exciting game, it was to us especially the last 12 minutes when we were defending  with our lives.
I'm also sure you have enough quality in the side to be up amongst the top team teams this season again.
So thanks again and I hope we will return the hospitality when you visit Innerleithen later in the season. 
The Vale deserved their 3 points and have massively improved this season. The number 21 up front was brilliant and a pest all night.

The fans were brilliant and credit to them for coming up to supoort their team on a Wednesday night. We were in unison with our lack of love for the linesman [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

The end got very hectic and I got really excited when the last corner landed on the head of our goalkeeper!

Why do the Shire keep blowing their title chances in August, it's incredible that it has happened again, when they were favoured this season, especially after such a good run last season?

At least the Shire thread is still lively, notice that the BSC thread has faded as quickly as their title challenge, amazing when you consider they signed the "best player in the League!!!"   :-)

Spartans need to keep close to EK, or this will be over by the end of September IMO

30 minutes ago, Kirk St Moritz said:

Why do the Shire keep blowing their title chances in August, it's incredible that it has happened again, when they were favoured this season, especially after such a good run last season?

At least the Shire thread is still lively, notice that the BSC thread has faded as quickly as their title challenge, amazing when you consider they signed the "best player in the League!!!"   :-)

Spartans need to keep close to EK, or this will be over by the end of September IMO

Loved that scene where you nipped into the toilet as Eric and then came out as Kirk to save the day from the biker gang.

Watched it a couple of times in tribute to your sad recent death.

Seems that pressure affects the shire early on. Struggle big time until chance to win the title essentially disappeared and then as the pressure comes off they put a run together.

Horse has already bolted

East Stirlingshire FC tonight parted company with Manager John Sludden and Martin Mooney. The club would like to thank John and Martin for all their efforts. Captain Derek Ure and Andy Rodgers will assist with 1st team matters in the interim.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

....or your manager is not getting the preseason right.

I was just going to say that John Sluddens inability to put a squad together for the start of the season has hamstrung the Shire in the LL, last season he only got it right when the striker he built the team round retired early in the season.

But I see he is now gone, lucky break for the Shire but for me its 2 years too late.

1 minute ago, drs said:

I was just going to say that John Sluddens inability to put a squad together for the start of the season has hamstrung the Shire in the LL, last season he only got it right when the striker he built the team round retired early in the season.

But I see he is now gone, lucky break for the Shire but for me its 2 years too late.

I disagree with that I thought he got a hard deal at camelon. I think he relies too much on some ppl shows too much loyalty to them. 

He gave himself a hard deal at Camelon by falling out with all of the senior players. 

2 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Martin Lauchlan must be a certainty for the job? :)

You stirrrer :D

How long was the manager in the job? 3 seasons? I expected the Shire the challenge this season but it’s already gone.