The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Weather update - East Stirlingshire and Civil Service Strollers are in communication with regards to tomorrow’s Scottish Lowland league match. Both clubs want to give the match every opportunity to go ahead and have agreed to monitor the conditions overnight with an inspection likely early tomorrow hopefully around 10.30am. Updates when we have information via @TheShireFC on twitter.

Any idea of the state of the pitch just now? Is it a water issue after all the rain this week?

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 22:52, Robert James said:

Don't forget 'English' Berwick Rangers , playing in SPFL, plus Tweedmouth now playing in the Scottish pyramid - unless of course someone has moved the boundary.

Also Monaco and  Derry City ? 

All those teams mentioned play in their home town/city. The original post re French team playing in Annan, Glasgow team playing in Alloa etc ,was that those teams don't.

ETA: HJ has made the same point, more eloquently than I. That's what happens when you don't read all the thread before posting!

Edited by Jacksgranda

Easy win for the shire today bolo appears to have made us a lot harder to score against. CSS number 9 must have been delighted to finally get sent off as that appeared to be his only goal today. Must have a game he doesn’t fancy next week!

Good result on a difficult pitch where the ball didn't roll at all. The defence was well marshalled by a vocal Bolo who brings experience and stability. Didn't understand why css number 9 felt the need to be needlessly aggressive throughout the game as he deservedly got sent off and his team are then another player short. Nae brains.

Sent from my MI 5 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

All those teams mentioned play in their home town/city. The original post re French team playing in Annan, Glasgow team playing in Alloa etc ,was that those teams don't.

ETA: HJ has made the same point, more eloquently than I. That's what happens when you don't read all the thread before posting!

Tut tut "Jacksgranda".  The original thread was about Shire, but perhaps you missed 30+ subsequent Quotes that have widened the thread. Keep up.....and keep posting ! 

On 20/11/2017 at 06:28, newcastle broon said:

I've said  it before when other teams in league were slated for having no support,  as long as teams can sustain it financially then there isn't  a problem. Who knows maybe longer term there might be for teams and not just Edusport  but it seems the LL is getting stronger by the season anyway despite so called poor attendances....... 

At the end of the day as frustrated as you guys are it's not shit crowds that have put you where you are today unfortunately.....  

Edusport shouldn't be a  Lowland club, but they achieved promotion in accordance with the current pyramid rules, which doesn't take "attendances" into consideration. Nor should it.

If a West of Scotland 'senior' league had existed or been set up within the pyramid, Edusport would not have won promotion to the LL, and the future of the 'Shire Ground Saga'  would have remained as a key (and important) issue in this thread.

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

Tut tut "Jacksgranda".  The original thread was about Shire, but perhaps you missed 30+ subsequent Quotes that have widened the thread. Keep up.....and keep posting ! 

I think you mean "derailed" rather than widened! :lol:

Bit gutted I will miss the friendly on Sat at Kelty Hearts due to working (unless a miracle happens). Years and years since I've seen a game there. Hopefully there will be a reasonable amount of Shire fans who make the short trip. 

Although our home support this season is down on 2016/17 there is still a decent % of the Shire support who go to away games. There was 40ish away fans at Civil Service Strollers on Saturday past. The supporters club do a great job of running a bus to nearly every away game. Yes the novelty of new away trips after years and years of going to the same few venues was, along with the attacking football, a big draw for our travelling support last season.  So it has been good that although the level of regular support has decreased a bit in 2017/18 a lot still wish to travel to watch us play.

There were some seasons when we played in the Scottish League when we only took a car load to some games and I vividly remember being the only Shire fan away at Berwick Rangers maybe 20 years ago for a Saturday league game with the Berwick fans singing to me "are you the only fan".  So personally I'm happy that a lot more of us my want to travel and watch us play.

18 hours ago, gogsy said:

Friendly Saturday 2nd December 2.00 pm  Kelty Hearts v East Stirlingshire

Very happy about this 

I read on your thread that you were looking for a friendly on Sat, and knowing we had a free week I hoped that it would be us

We have a very hard December,  playing most of the top sides. So this will be an excellent warm up 

Tough to call as no doubt both sides will want to  give game time to players coming back from injury and such. But both sides will be going for a win

Looking forward to trying out the social 

Edited by holme