The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Noticed that - the boy that shouted had a good point! Stupid, stupid booking to pick up.

Fair result in the end, usual story for BSC in that the build up play is often nice but no cutting edge against "bigger" sides in the league. For the height of big Rob (no.9), I've never seen a guy lose so many contested aerial challenges! Bembo (no.8) had a good solid game and was surprised to see him subbed.

Yeah he was your best player. Absolutely ran the show in the middle of the park!

Cheers for answering a question I was just about to ask!

11 hours ago, 'Mon The Shire said:

The trialist number 16 or 17 was Simon Allison.  Have no idea who he has previously played for but just so you know.

He did come on as the no. 16 (very talll chap) didn't he ? Read the shire match report on the official site which said it was Murray who came on. Think I must be losing it.

Re yesterday's game though BSC Glasgow really competed well against us and their no. 8 was running the show for spells in the 1st half. As the game went on Shire did get more in control but BSC to their credit remained very competitive. 

Cheers for answering a question I was just about to ask!

He did come on as the no. 16 (very talll chap) didn't he ? Read the shire match report on the official site which said it was Murray who came on. Think I must be losing it.

Re yesterday's game though BSC Glasgow really competed well against us and their no. 8 was running the show for spells in the 1st half. As the game went on Shire did get more in control but BSC to their credit remained very competitive. 

He didn't come on Murray, peddie and mcguigan were the subs used I was also told his first name was Liam

Drew Ramsay will miss this weekend’s SFA South Region Challenge Cup match at Mid Annandale after suffering a broken wrist in Saturday’s 3-0 Lowland League victory over BSC Glasgow.

The Shire full-back played on despite the injury and completed the full 90 minutes at Ochilview. But after seeking medical attention during the week the break was confirmed.

He will not be risked for the game at Lockerbie against the South of Scotland League club but the length of his absence will only be established after further advice from the medical experts.

It’s a blow for coach John Sludden’s plans; he had picked out Drew as one of the key elements in Shire’s recent improved form at the back which has seen the team concede just two goals in their last four outings.

Everyone at the club is hoping for a speedy recovery and we hope to see him back in action before too long.