The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

How's the lowland league, chaps?

When we were relegated I must admit I feared the worst, but now a couple of months in I must say I find the lowland league quite refreshing. All the grounds I've visited have been very welcoming, £5 to get in £1 a pie and most grounds you can even catch a pint at halftime I think the big league should look and learn.

16 hours ago, The Mantis said:

They're enjoying it. They'd forgotten what that winning feeling was like :lol:

Absolutely. The away trips are grand, the other teams directors and fans are excellent and generous (even if they are sometimes few) and the banter is just great. I love this league. The SPFL is nothing like this. It's too cut-throat and results driven.

However, going back up asap would be nice (and important) though.

Edited by come on shire

I've enjoyed it so far, especially the social club side of the away trips, but I fear that after a couple of years it will get just as repetitive as League 2. Wouldn't mind fluctuating between League 2 and LL so the seasons are hopefully always different

4 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I've enjoyed it so far, especially the social club side of the away trips, but I fear that after a couple of years it will get just as repetitive as League 2. Wouldn't mind fluctuating between League 2 and LL so the seasons are hopefully always different

You make a very good point but, with respect, going up and down between the leagues like a yo-yo and getting gubbed most weeks in League 2 would also be a tad repetitive and boring. I'd love to go back up but not just to prep for the play-offs at the wrong end of the table.

Edited by come on shire

On a day of derbies - two in the Borders, including the return of Hawick-Gala, one in D&G, one in Lanarkshire, Whitehill-Spartans, CSS-Preston (fairly tenuously), the university derby - I suppose this must count as the "Stirlingshire-Clackmannanshire derby"...

What did Paul Sludden do?

He picked up a stupid booking a fan told him this and he told the fan to f**k up and started making some hand gestures he was then duly told that he shouldn't be on the park anyway.

1 hour ago, Shirey Pirey said:

Paul Sludden showing his class by mocking and swearing at fans after a stupid booking.

Noticed that - the boy that shouted had a good point! Stupid, stupid booking to pick up.

Fair result in the end, usual story for BSC in that the build up play is often nice but no cutting edge against "bigger" sides in the league. For the height of big Rob (no.9), I've never seen a guy lose so many contested aerial challenges! Bembo (no.8) had a good solid game and was surprised to see him subbed.