The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

When was the last big game the shire won? The absolute definition of a bottle merchant. Spartans, EKay, Edinburgh City, Montrose, Berwick. The list is endless, at least the players looked like they were really annoyed after the game, hope they enjoy their night outs with their pals tonight

When was the last big game the shire won? The absolute definition of a bottle merchant. Spartans, EKay, Edinburgh City, Montrose, Berwick. The list is endless, at least the players looked like they were really annoyed after the game, hope they enjoy their night outs with their pals tonight

Hope they're proud of themselves when they read this xx

Think this is a little harsh, today we were beaten by what looked like a bad decision and a team that probably played slightly better than us in the second half.
Spartans have a great setup pity they have no supporters.

Yeah it should have been a draw but they shaded it in the second half, was just biting at the players that spend time checking this rather than looking at their own performances

I don't think any of the players have to worry too much about their performance today. My biggest concern would be the fact that spartans were clearly taking control in the second half and no attempt was made to change the game from the bench.

25 minutes ago, matty0310 said:

Never seen a ref shit the bed more in my life, we need to get out of this diddy league asap, up or down I don't care

Will you get a parachute payment should you stay down  ? 

It's no a Diddy league though it may look like it come Christmas wi EK aboot 15 points clear  ?? 

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Will you get a parachute payment should you stay down  ? 

It's no a Diddy league though it may look like it come Christmas wi EK aboot 15 points clear  ?? 

'Shire get £40,000 this season and - unless they bounce straight back up to SPFL2 for next season - £20,000 next season as their pyramid parachute payment.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

'Shire get £40,000 this season and - unless they bounce straight back up to SPFL2 for next season - £20,000 next season as their pyramid parachute payment.

Well wi that kind o money they really should be doing a lot better than they are. 

That's way out of many team's reach in this league. 

Craigiemack and Matty, what planet are you both on with respect? As harsh as yesterday was, we have found our level in the LL (for now at least). Barring EK and Spartans ( though yesterday was close), we are generally competing with other teams and holding our own. Much better than the boring same-old of hugging the Scottish League basement.

We're playing decent football, winning regularly and go to some great wee grounds. I thought that Spartans, Strollers and Whitehill were great hosts and made us feel very welcome. Start enjoying the trips and opposed to JUST results at this level and you'll enjoy it far more.

Also, I hope the players thoroughly enjoyed their beers last night. They are only playing for the love of the game. Despite this, they play 100% to win and with max effort. Can't ask for more imho.

Edited by come on shire

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

Craigiemack and Matty, what planet are you both on with respect? As harsh as yesterday was, we have found our level in the LL (for now at least). Barring EK and Spartans ( though yesterday was close), we are generally competing with other teams and holding our own. Much better than the boring same-old of hugging the Scottish League basement.

We're playing decent football, winning regularly and go to some great wee grounds. I thought that Spartans, Strollers and Whitehill were great hosts and made us feel very welcome. Start enjoying the trips and opposed to JUST results at this level and you'll enjoy it far more.

Also, I hope the players thoroughly enjoyed their beers last night. They are only playing for the love of the game. Despite this, they play 100% to win and with max effort. Can't ask for more imho.

You're still wiping the floor with nearly everybody else in the league. Now that things have settled down a bit, how does your squad compare with last year? Have you cut your cloth a bit or is it a squad aimed at going straight back up?

Matty0310 definately enjoyed Saturday anyway. He was unlucky not to get a game with those outstanding keepy uppies!

On 24 September 2016 at 17:29, RosspCfc said:

I was at the game on Wednesday. Looked to me like there were more Shire supporters than last season, but very little away support compared to what ourselves and Stirling would have brought last year.

Was certainly impressed by the size of the Shire support at Spartans yesterday and a good bunch as well