The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

12 minutes ago, matty0310 said:

Wisny that when your club was creaming over the fact 20 odd of us turned up to your social club emoji53.png

Hardly creaming was actually comparing yous to other Junior teams in the area.

If ye want me to be petty a dozen adults singing  songs in front of aboot 100 folk does seem a wee bit odd :D

Hardly creaming was actually comparing yous to other Junior teams in the area.

If ye want me to be petty a dozen adults singing  songs in front of aboot 100 folk does seem a wee bit odd [emoji3]

It's aw about enjoying yerself, is it no? We're no trying to impress a few old duffers.

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

His interview was with the local paper. East kilbride news. Is he the only coach to speak to local paper?

Well it appeared in the Daily Record. Of course not. Others speak to more and cause far less hassle. 

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

So if you're going to pitch in your opinions I'd check your facts before you run your mouth. We finished 3rd two seasons on the bounce in Division 3, so correct me if I'm wrong please, that would drop that figure to at least 23 gash seasons in the last 25.

Plus, in this league we are considered one of the bigger teams and are expected to do well, so being disappointed when we don't win should be expected.

I'll give youse credit for engaging wi the league, and the clubs and supporters in it. Couple o EK fannies on here seem only interested in passing through the league on their way to the top. Like Rab says nobody ever had a bad word for Gary and his team.

19 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Must be hard work letting the words of others coaches get u so worked up and annoyed.

Not worked up or annoyed in the slightest. He can say what he wants and you can end up as unpopular as you want. 

I'll give youse credit for engaging wi the league, and the clubs and supporters in it. Couple o EK fannies on here seem only interested in passing through the league on their way to the top. Like Rab says nobody ever had a bad word for Gary and his team.

So im a fanny for coming on and supporting my team? Plenty of fannies on here then. And edin city took plenty of stick on here for style of play, unfair penaltys and the like when they were topping the league. Football fans have short memories tho.

Sitting yesterday I heard a boy shout that the shire only had a history where EK had a future! Yesterday it was £6 and £3 the crowd was under 400 for probably there most important game so far this season so what is this great future that lies ahead for the new giants of south Lanarkshire??
Bankruptcy!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

So im a fanny for coming on and supporting my team? Plenty of fannies on here then. And edin city took plenty of stick on here for style of play, unfair penaltys and the like when they were topping the league. Football fans have short memories tho.

No you'd be a fanny for coming on here supporting your team and acting like a fanny :lol: 

We've really enjoyed the LL so far, we were expecting a bit of heat at the game yesterday but folk wanting to fight is just ridiculous. Didn't see what went down but I'm glad nothing kicked off. It will be sweet when we get revenge on the last day of the season, lifting the trophy to really stick it up them! Playing the way we both did yesterday there will be a few more points dropped over the course of the season.

I'm not actually bothered if we stay down in all honesty. I've enjoyed the cheap football, shorter travelling and the fact that you only play each team twice a season! The half time pints are an added bonus.

41 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Was just asking if i had posted in an ungracfull manner which i hadn't. Alot of ungracefull losers on here which seems to be acceptable tho.

Aye you did above. I disagree I think it's more to do with ungraceful winners.