The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

EK don't seem to be winning many friends in this league.  The Shire fans have fitted in better than the "glory hunters" from the New town. We hardly ever heard from EK fans before this season.

Edited by Cicero

Both teams played equally poor, no one deserved to win it and overall it was a pish game of football. Only difference was we switched off once and got punished. Fair play for taking the opportunity. It was a game of 2 good teams cancelling each other out. From what I've seen of the league so far, I can't see either team having to worry about anyone else apart from each other. Both teams will drop points along the way, we already have, but I can't imagine anyone else challenging.

3 minutes ago, matty0310 said:

Both teams played equally poor, no one deserved to win it and overall it was a pish game of football. Only difference was we switched off once and got punished. Fair play for taking the opportunity. It was a game of 2 good teams cancelling each other out. From what I've seen of the league so far, I can't see either team having to worry about anyone else apart from each other. Both teams will drop points along the way, we already have, but I can't imagine anyone else challenging.

Bit Disrespectful to teams you haven't played,Cumbernauld especially who are sitting in a much prettier position than yourselves. :o

Bit Disrespectful to teams you haven't played,Cumbernauld especially who are sitting in a much prettier position than yourselves. [emoji33]

We have 3 games in hand to them, if we win them then we're a point above them. I'm looking forward to our game on Saturday against them as they seem to be the team that's heading for a top 4 finish.

Bit Disrespectful to teams you haven't played,Cumbernauld especially who are sitting in a much prettier position than yourselves. [emoji33]

Not disrespectful, just an opinion, I may be wrong.

And I wouldn't read much into the table until games in hand have been played, and Ofcoarse we pump them next week.

Everyone likes to hate the team out in front. Im just enjoying it while it lasts. And as for gloryhunting? The club has only been on the go for 5 years and allready has plenty of silverware to show right from its first season. So yes we are always hunting glory. Long may it continue.[emoji106]

15 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

We have 3 games in hand to them, ((((IF)))) we win them then we're a point above them. I'm looking forward to our game on Saturday against them as they seem to be the team that's heading for a top 4 finish.

Key word being IF always better having points in the bag ;)

I think they games in hand have to be won first don't they,all the teams that have been involved in the lowland league since the start will know that the winter period could be crucial to where the league title ends up,if the weather is anything like last season then there won't be a lot of football played during this period the ones with artificial surfaces will get some game time but it can upset the rhythm of the teams doing well if there's no game time

30 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Everyone likes to hate the team out in front. Im just enjoying it while it lasts. And as for gloryhunting? The club has only been on the go for 5 years and allready has plenty of silverware to show right from its first season. So yes we are always hunting glory. Long may it continue.emoji106.png

Nobody had a bad word to say about Edinburgh City. Then again Gary Jardine didn't do interviews with the Daily Record ... 

31 minutes ago, bpek said:

I think they games in hand have to be won first don't they,all the teams that have been involved in the lowland league since the start will know that the winter period could be crucial to where the league title ends up,if the weather is anything like last season then there won't be a lot of football played during this period the ones with artificial surfaces will get some game time but it can upset the rhythm of the teams doing well if there's no game time

Thought for the day....

The fixtures secretary does a fine job in what is a thankless task but.... 

My team have played 2 midweek fixtures, one a home match against another team who play on grass and have no floodlights (both teams could've been at home that night against artificial pitch teams) and the other an away match against a team who have lights and an artificial surface.Maybes could've had a reverse of this game as it  could be played any midweek through the season. 

Could maybes ease congestion a wee bit ? 

I guess we'll just have to wave a magic wand and get floodlights and an  all weather surface :D

Edited by newcastle broon

Ffs newky it wasn't a criticism it's a fact and of course the fixture Secretary does a brilliant job,I was answering one of the new clubs to the lowland league and just saying that a tough league gets even tougher in the winter period my God we where at lochburn last season and hardly kicked a ball for 3 months so it does upset a team's rhythm I wasn't criticising the fixtures Secretary or floodlights or anybody else's park

16 minutes ago, bpek said:

Ffs newky it wasn't a criticism it's a fact and of course the fixture Secretary does a brilliant job,I was answering one of the new clubs to the lowland league and just saying that a tough league gets even tougher in the winter period my God we where at lochburn last season and hardly kicked a ball for 3 months so it does upset a team's rhythm I wasn't criticising the fixtures Secretary or floodlights or anybody else's park

Who ye swearing at calm doon ! 

I was actually agreeing with you trying to ease fixture congestion ! 

2 hours ago, matty0310 said:

East Stirlingshire...25 season of being utter gash, 4 games in after being relegated and some fans posting billy big baw posts.....stay classy boss

East Stirlingshire...25 season of being utter gash, 4 games in after being relegated and some fans posting billy big baw posts.....stay classy boss

So if you're going to pitch in your opinions I'd check your facts before you run your mouth. We finished 3rd two seasons on the bounce in Division 3, so correct me if I'm wrong please, that would drop that figure to at least 23 gash seasons in the last 25.

Plus, in this league we are considered one of the bigger teams and are expected to do well, so being disappointed when we don't win should be expected.

Wisny that when your club was creaming over the fact 20 odd of us turned up to your social club [emoji53]