The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Dean Shaw saved the Shire from a totally embarrassing scoreline.  I thought the Shire would be better than that, Vale could have scored Eight easily in the second half.  The manager needs to sit them down and make them watch the highlights of the second half.

Ah yesterday's game...

I was mightly impressed with Vale of Leithen's team formation in that they rightly went for it rather that just come to defend. In the 1st half Shire had the majority of chances but failed to get the 2nd goal and Vale, after a glaring miss from Sean Stewart ?, got one at the death of the 1st half. Boy did Vale come at us in the 2nd half from the off and after 2 near misses they went ahead. From then till the end of the game both teams did have great chances, Vale having the majority. They should have scored with the chance they had which resulted in their penalty and even with the last kick of the ball they nearly scored in the top corner (shire tv didn't show that chance).

Vale of Leithen's attitude all game was positive and their fitness levels looked good, even though they played with 3 up at times their midfield coped and was able to support the forward line and help there defence. As for Shire there was no fluidity between the lines with the forward line receiving slow or little support in the 2nd half especially. The defence also didn't not get great support from the midfield and at times was way way too loose in structure and simple marking and following runners went out the window.

If Shire had put away the 1st half chances then the 2nd half poor play won't have mattered but they didn't. At the moment the team still have to learn to function as a unit. Shire got away with a point yesterday. I hope the 1st midweek off we have had since the season started will give us a chance to iron out a few issues for the trip to Whitehill Welfare on Saturday. I'm looking forward to that. Last time we were there we sneaked away with a lucky win.

Edited by Dead

Dean Shaw saved the Shire from a totally embarrassing scoreline.  I thought the Shire would be better than that, Vale could have scored Eight easily in the second half.  The manager needs to sit them down and make them watch the highlights of the second half.

But going off the highlights shire should and could off scored a few themselves in the first half

50 minutes ago, RalphM said:

I don't get how entry prices can vary around the grounds, I'd have thought the league would have set the prices at the start of each season

Why?

Each club have their own individual circumstances. It should be left up to each club what to charge.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why?

Each club have their own individual circumstances. It should be left up to each club what to charge.

I noticed your club was £6 with kids free Cic are senior citizens free as well or do they pay an admittance fee  ? 

If you watch SPFL football the prices can vary considerably which is quite natural: some clubs will have just been promoted from a division below, others will have just been relegated from a division above. Some clubs will have bigger supports, some clubs will have smaller supports. Some clubs will have modern stadiums with well-developed amenities, others will have more limited or outdated facilities. In LL such price variances will be far lower, even though the circumstances variances may often be higher. Prices are also much lower than in HL.

54 minutes ago, RalphM said:

It's the only league I know of that has different prices, even the juniors has a set price for each league

Nah try the Premiership or the Championship. And in the EPL the prices can vary by about 20 quid between clubs.

Just watched back the highlights which looks as if it's amazing that we held on for the 2-2 draw. Andy Grant should also not be played at left back and Gavin McMillan should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Gavin McMillan was one of our best players on Saturday! I'd have him up front before Sludden. He's frustrating to watch.

Just watched back the highlights which looks as if it's amazing that we held on for the 2-2 draw. Andy Grant should also not be played at left back and Gavin McMillan should be nowhere near the starting 11.

I think we are a bit short in defence just wish we could have tempted Lloyd to come back as for Gavin I thought it was between him and Del yesterday for our best performer.