The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

No way in a month of Sundays are we ready to compete in League 2. 

As it stands, if we go back up it'll be the same old story of trying not to cuddle the trapdoor.

I would agree that the side last night would struggle in League 2 but I would say good enough for the LL.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would agree that the side last night would struggle in League 2 but I would say good enough for the LL.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

You mention some of the passing etc you got caught out with some slack play against Montrose but would probably have got away with it in league games.I think Shire will be all right this season and win the league.

The only thing in my opinion of stopping the Shire going straight back up is every team will treat games against the Shire as a cup final.

I still can't get round them actually being in our league,but it's a great advert for the LL. 

Edited by newcastle broon

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

As someone at the game as a neutral my points would be Buist was silly getting himself sent off and probably cost Shire any chance of getting anything out of the tie.

After getting booked for mouthing off at the ref he just kept at it and it was only going to end one way.

Thought Dolan should have saved the first goal the ball went through his hands, second was bad defending which left the boy unmarked which could be put down to being a defender down thanks to the stupid sending off, third goal was well struck as you say.

You mention some of the passing etc you got caught out with some slack play against Montrose but would probably have got away with it in league games.I think Shire will be all right this season and win the league.

perhaps you could wait until you actually start thrashing all the inadequate LL teams before lifting the title

5 minutes ago, whatasaw said:

perhaps you could wait until you actually start thrashing all the inadequate LL teams before lifting the title

Oh dear, he's a Cowdenbeath fan not a Shire fan :thumsup2

"As someone at the game as a neutral" should have been the clue, well that and his username and team being Cowdenbeath.

1 hour ago, whatasaw said:

I never mentioned anyone being inadequate watched quite a few LL games over the last few years and think the Shire are good enough to win the league, time will tell if i'm right or wrong. Football is all about opinions after all.

As mentioned by drs i'm just a neutral who watches other games when Cowden arn't playing. Took in the Stirling Uni v Spartans game on Friday and Shire looked better than those 2 although Spartans then went out and pulled off a great result last night.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, luggy said:

Scott Buist free to play on Saturday, bit of a surprise I expected an additional ban.

It was 2 bookings so he'll be out for your 1st Irn Bru Cup game next season. If it had been a straight red for violent conduct he would have missed Saturday's game v Vale.

Quite nervous, the league is that short that a couple of early draws or defeats and it's curtains for this season. It's all well and good playing well against higher level teams and getting nothing in return but this is where it matters, we need the 3 points!

From the half I seen the players thought they would stroll it, far to many trying to shoot from long range when better options were on and trying to beat too many players. It's a massive wake up call and one we needed. This league won't just roll over and let us have 3 points