The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Ross Gilmour has just signed with albion rovers, was he with you lot at some point, and how do you think he will cope

Ross had a couple of bad injuries in his two years at the shire, normally a RB for us can play further up the park too.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:14, selfassemblyshire said:

Yeah, 85% of the gate is split plus the tv rights i'd hope we'd make enough to pay our rent to Stenny and have a little pocket money left. Hopefully the Motherwell fans turn out in their masses too.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 06:27, newcastle broon said:

Didn't realise yer game v Rangers was on bt sport.  That'll give yer finances a wee boost.  

According to this you don't get any TV payment in the Irn-Bru,

Will there be extra payments if my club is live on TV?

NO. The briefing note says that, due to the increased number of live games, the SPFL board has decided "not to allocate television facility fee payments," and instead "maximise prize money".

According to this you don't get any TV payment in the Irn-Bru,

Will there be extra payments if my club is live on TV?

NO. The briefing note says that, due to the increased number of live games, the SPFL board has decided "not to allocate television facility fee payments," and instead "maximise prize money".

That's upsetting. The Rangers game is nearly sold out already which is good!

Ah, my mistake - I cant keep up with what they are calling the cup competitions anymore. :unsure: Once we got beyond Skol and B&Q I got lost.

Edited by drs

Thought we played alright last night. Only caught the second half but I was happy with what I saw. Nice to see Jamie score 

First game I've seen of the new Shire and first win, roll on Sat

We scored with the only shot we had tbf but our defence looked absolutely solid which was really pleasing. Our new signings all impressed as well. Don't think I'll make Penicuik but absolutely buzzing for Stranraer next week. Can't wait for the season to start

6 hours ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

For any Shire fans who can't make the friendly on Saturday, the match will be filmed for PenicuikAthTV, I'll post the highlights once I've uploaded them.

There can't be many teams that film their games? Good work.

So so glad we have not gone with the terrible orange away strip which had no historical link to our club (it only started appearing in the late 1980s). Yellow is close to the Gold away strip we used to play in around the end of the 1960s/start of the earlier 1970s so I'm fine will that until we go back to our original white away strip.

I still have to get my season ticket as being on hols and work late nights on Thursdays so was surprised and interested to see Shire Season tickets on sale at the Football Nation website where the away strip is also being sold. How does that work ? Are the club using that website as a selling agent ? Fine with that if they are. Good for people that can't get to the cash selling points/time to buy season tickets as still no option for non cash purchases. Also, normally the club mail the season ticket holders to renew for the new season, really surprised that that hasn't happen. For the cost of a stamp the club are missing a trick as not all season ticket holders are local etc. In the end if I don't buy a season ticket I'm not too worried as over the season I will give the club more buy paying at the gate and the club wins :)

First time I can remember the Shire with an orange away strip was in 1984 I was at the cup game when they beat Dunfermline (same day Stirling beat Selkirk 20-0!) and they were wearing it that day.

We also sell season tickets via Football Nation. I take its that's who supplies your strips etc. Don't know how it works agent wise.

Of course ! Cheers, I should never just rely on my memory, I was thinking of the Shire 1987 away strip but you are right. Somewhere I do have a list of club strips, I should refer to it. Definately can't remember any orange away strip 1970 or before. 

Re the season ticket that's interesting. Nothing wrong with selling season tickets and club stuff anyway you can. Just though ES would have said season tickets could be bought this way as well for those unable to pick them up at source. Boy do the club need as much money as we can get this season so all avenues should be promoted. Personally I think we should have gone with £100 season tickets for this 1st season in the LL but what do I know.

Shire have never been that far out with away strips - Red, light blue, gold, white etc. I do have a fetching dark blue away 1990s shire strip a drawer somewhere. There was, of course, the awful wimbledon half and half ball boy away top from the late 1990s and the blue and white opposite of the crazy 1994/95 strip.

One of the club of the current ES directors has been collecting ES strips for a new of years and has a huge collection, he did have website with pics of the strips - will need to try and find the link again.

Craigiemack - I agree . Change is good !