The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Hopefully these new signings know how to defend corners or else other LL teams will have a field day. A lot of teams experienced in the LL league so to win the league is a tough ask but we need to aim high coz you never know :)

Edited by come on shire

Just because we "couldn't defend corners" (we weren't actually that bad) last season, doesn't mean this season will be the same, especially considering we have a new management and a fair few new players coming in. Let it go and move on.

Gavin McMillan resigned for next season, he seems to be a decent enough player although I haven't really seen much of him. He takes us to 12 players signed so probably still another 6 to go I reckon.

A quick question for those maybe more informed than me. Why do we sign Sludden and not his fellow Stirling University striker Chris Geddes who scored twice as many goals and seems like the prolific striker we need?

A quick question for those maybe more informed than me. Why do we sign Sludden and not his fellow Stirling University striker Chris Geddes who scored twice as many goals and seems like the prolific striker we need?

Who's to say we haven't got him lined up to sign

Unlikely. He's started his coaching career (he's early 30's now) with one of the Uni's other sides I think. Looks like he's started planning for life after playing and the Uni are supporting that. To be fair, in LL the Uni is as good a place as any to do that given their football programme. Doubt the Shire could offer anything similar.