The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

David McKenna and Max Wright have signed for Annan Athletic, pleased for both of them that they've managed to stay in the SPFL although surprised that Max Wright was wanted as i didn't feel like hes played too well the last couple of seasons.

The Irn-Bru Cup is also drawn tomorrow and i think we will be drawn against one of Cove, Brora, Formartine, Turriff, Montrose, Stirling or Arbroath, none of which are overly appealing imo.

Correct. Any team taking a handful of players from Camelon should be concerned at the extent of their ambition in terms of a return to the national leagues. The worry for us is that we're signing the boys they are replacing. It may be that this lad is a top player who fancies a change though.

By the way, I'm not disrespecting Camelon here - only suggesting that they'd struggle to win the lowland league with the players they had last season.

The players that have signed from Camelon were by a distance the best players at the club last season and in a lot of their games the best players on the park, so I think although you said you are not disrespecting Camelon I think you ARE disrespecting the players that are making the move. However that's what opinions are all about I guess ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Correct. Any team taking a handful of players from Camelon should be concerned at the extent of their ambition in terms of a return to the national leagues. The worry for us is that we're signing the boys they are replacing. It may be that this lad is a top player who fancies a change though.

By the way, I'm not disrespecting Camelon here - only suggesting that they'd struggle to win the lowland league with the players they had last season.

It's hard to compete with the best ever junior team in existance to be fair.

I would be more worried at the fact you're signing people who haven't even been offered a contact to stay in the Lowland League.

I'm 100% confident that the Camelon boys will get the job done for us this year.

It's hard to compete with the best ever junior team in existance to be fair.

I would be more worried at the fact you're signing people who haven't even been offered a contact to stay in the Lowland League.

I'm 100% confident that the Camelon boys will get the job done for us this year.

I was a reasonably regular attender at Firs Park in the late 70's - early 80's and have a soft spot for the Shire so I hope you are right but time will tell.

You'd think listening to some folk that we've signed the entire Camelon squad and not just their 4 best players, including one of the most sought after players in the local game!

Bold from the lithgie fans considering they signed two of our less impressive players coming to the end of last season.

Bold from the lithgie fans considering they signed two of our less impressive players coming to the end of last season.

They fit well into their policy of only signing SPFL rejects however, all that counts.

He got 10 in the Scottish cup alone!

Which can often be against really poor sides. He scored nine ( so im told) in the super league against other good junior sides over a 30 game season. A striker who's league strike rate is a goal every three games in the bread and butter may not be what's needed to fire the shire into a title race.

Can't really blame him if true, most players would choose League 1 over Lowland League.

He never really got a chance when he was at Rangers, got loaned to Forfar and Campbell refused to drop anyone from his starting eleven. Him and Fauldsy got used more as subs at Scumhousemanure and I was saying that we should've signed him last year after leaving them