The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

King Edward Park is a million million times better than the ground Shire currently don't have. If only we even had something like this to allow us to rebuild the club instead of giving 10 of thousands of £s each year just to get Ochilview for a few hrs every 2nd Saturday when the money could be spend on the club.

Planning my overnight trip already for the game ! Only 1 of 7 teams/grounds I have not been to before in this draw so so seriously happy at the tie we have landed.

King Edward Park is a million million times better than the ground Shire currently don't have. If only we even had something like this to allow us to rebuild the club instead of giving 10 of thousands of £s each year just to get Ochilview for a few hrs every 2nd Saturday when the money could be spend on the club.

Planning my overnight trip already for the game ! Only 1 of 7 teams/grounds I have not been to before in this draw so so seriously happy at the tie we have landed.

I would say every ground in the LL is more worthy of a visit than KEP but it's not a bad day out. Rab B and I went down in the train last year, plenty pubs in Lockerbie and a cafe where Rab scarfed a huge fry up as he had left Auld Reekie wi no breakfast. Think he had a hangover due to it being the Teachers' New Year :lol:

I would say every ground in the LL is more worthy of a visit than KEP but it's not a bad day out. Rab B and I went down in the train last year, plenty pubs in Lockerbie and a cafe where Rab scarfed a huge fry up as he had left Auld Reekie wi no breakfast. Think he had a hangover due to it being the Teachers' New Year :lol:

:lol: I think it was.

It's a great wee trip down train just under an hour and an easy walk to the ground. The Townhead pub is the closest and there's 4/5 close to the station.

Welcome to the LL I've a feeling this will be the biggest thread of the season and I'm sure teams will appreciate your travelling support. Galashiels is easily done by train, many good bars in Galashiels high Street 5/10 min taxi to ground though they have a club underneath the main stand or maybes worth checking out if the rugby club bar is open next door. (Selkirk a further 6 mile taxi run but reasonably cheap).selkirk also sell alcohol in there wee clubhouse but maybe bottles only, there's a cricket club right next to their park. Prestonpans easy on train again. They have Prestonpans legion next to the park but sell alcohol in the club inside ground (last I was there again it was bottle beers but very cheap) No need to introduce Cumbernauld or Stirling destinations nor Edinburgh teams(spartans serve you alcohol behind the goals at their club but Edinburgh Uni maybe more difficult for a pint, not sure if they have a public bar as yet.Gretna (social club in car park showing sky matches not associated with club but they have the excellent wee bar inside ground) change Carlisle or direct from Glasgow central but takes forever. Dalbeattie is aboot half hour on bus from Dumfries station,they have a social club in their stand but one or two bars in the town . Innerleithen has a nice social club on the main street where they do the after match players hospitality, also a pub with a beer garden gate straight into the ground, I'm sure it'll be stewarded when you guys are in town though lol. Not sure where the bsc are going to play and EK is a wee trek to get to in the middle of country park. ww nearest station would now be eskbank and either cross bridge and get 49 (20 mins from tesco) or taxi. Don't get a 49 from Waverley north bridge it takes forever. Best jumping on a 31 to Bonnyrigg and meeting a 49 connection their. It's £1.60 set bus fare in Edinburgh and surrounding areas whether one stop or hundred stops. We've got a wee social club inside the ground as well.Roll on the new season :)

Cheers - this might come in handy for the following season :unsure2:

Apparently Lithgae Rose have also signed Reece Donaldson, he'll fit in well with the other junior league cloggers.

You obviously know hee haw about Linlithgow Rose if you think they are cloggers. If Donaldson was not good enough for the Shire he is not good enough for Linlithgow.

You obviously know hee haw about Linlithgow Rose if you think they are cloggers. If Donaldson was not good enough for the Shire he is not good enough for Linlithgow.

Correct. Any team taking a handful of players from Camelon should be concerned at the extent of their ambition in terms of a return to the national leagues. The worry for us is that we're signing the boys they are replacing. It may be that this lad is a top player who fancies a change though.

By the way, I'm not disrespecting Camelon here - only suggesting that they'd struggle to win the lowland league with the players they had last season.

Reece was the fellow who got sent off in both legs of the play off final.  Most Shire fans did not want him playing in either.

He is young so hopefully he will improve 

Reece was the fellow who got sent off in both legs of the play off final. Most Shire fans did not want him playing in either.

He is young so hopefully he will improve

He played a fair number of games for Raith Rovers and since then has gone to Peterhead, you guys and now Linlithgow. That doesn't feel like a journey to improvement because if you're not appreciated by supporters of the worst team in the SPFL then the chances are that you'll be on a sticky wicket trying to cut the mustard at our place.