The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd keep Bell, Durnan, maybe Edge, aaand I've just realised mid-type that that's it. The rest I absolutely cannot wait to see the back of. The likes of Dixon, Dillon, Spittal, Murray, Telfer and more have been here far too long.

Thank you agent Ray for giving us a couple of derby matches next season. [emoji6] Cheers buddy .  Mission accomplished. 

Bit pessimistic. I personally hope they survive long enough for all four.

Sounds like it. Keatings is a much better player and the championship is his level. Murray would be a worrying signing for us.

It's a strange one, but Lennon seems to have something of a hardon for the bold Simon

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's a strange one, but Lennon seems to have something of a hardon for the bold Simon

Us gingers like to stick together. I'm having a ginger baby just to keep the conveyor belt going.

2 hours ago, wardy83 said:

So squad for next season as it stands:

Bell
Durnan
Edjenguele
Robson
Toshney
Fraser
Allardice
Coote
King
Keatings

Dixon
Dillon
Murdoch
Zwick
Vds
Flood
Donaldson
Spittal
Telfer
Kuate
Murray

All out of contract

Loans finished
Andreu
Mikkelson
Nicholls

Not a single player I would keep of those out of contract, bar, maybe, Spittal, but then I've run out of patience with him too.

Flood has lost his dynamic edge now and is now easily dominated, Murdoch is average at best, Telfer hasn't progressed and Murray just pains me to look at.

Dillon apologising in his interviews for confronting the three or so fans at the end of the game. I've mentioned it plenty on the match thread but to be honest he has nothing to apologise for. Having stood next to these 'fans' at the end the language aimed at him, Flood and Dixon was pathetic. All three players are clearly very attached to the club, they all came over to say their goodbyes and they were met by the sort of pathetic language that makes you embarrassed that these people support the same club as you. We all know (and they probably do to) that their playing days are nearly over and they are not up to it anymore but to be faced with that kind of abuse was a disgrace. Thankfully the vast majority of fans then stepped in to offer their support for those players and for Dillon who did come over to the fans.

Guest DAVIDB69

Real sore one today we only played for the first 15 minutes to be honest. We will be faves next season but that probably means more problems. Inverness we have always had trouble with. St mirren will be much better as well

8 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Real sore one today we only played for the first 15 minutes to be honest. We will be faves next season but that probably means more problems. Inverness we have always had trouble with. St mirren will be much better as well

Your trip to the hedge won't be a stroll in the park either. 

From my ITK source tonight I've been told Murray has signed for Hibs and they have offered him about £300 more a week (taking him to about £1000 a week). They are also giving him a flat/house (rent paid for). 

This didn't surprise me tbh anytime I have seen Dundee united I have not been impressed. I hope McKinnon keeps his job though and I'm sure you'll win the league next year.

I think if DUFC are going to win the league next year that squad will need a massive overhaul. They look a pretty uninspiring outfit and seem to lack flair and creativity. I expect them to contend but I am not sure that they will deserve the clear fav tag unless the recruitment policy is innovative and decisive.

Funny, in amongst all this chat about Dillon getting abused I actually thought he had a reasonable game, as did Edge and Durnan (along with Bell). The defence wasn't the issue today it was the midfield and the strikers.

3 hours ago, wardy83 said:

So squad for next season as it stands:

Bell - We'll take as back up. 
Durnan - shite
Edjenguele - kerthorse
Robson - shite
Toshney - good player at your level

Fraser - ladyboy
Allardice - who????
Coote - sign for oor development side

King - shite
Keatings - shite

Dixon - pub player 
Dillon - guid c**t
Murdoch - who?
Zwick - amateur 
Vds - retire 
Flood - good career, finished 
Donaldson - hahahaha
Spittal - signed as a squad player for the team in the big league 

Telfer - 204k two hundred and four thousand pounds :lol: 

Kuate - legend 
Murray - Derry'd oot his nut, hates the filth. 

All out of contract

Loans finished
Andreu - Subbie at Dens
Mikkelson - shite
Nicholls - no comment 

FTFY 

Archived