The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamish, Dodds, Phillip, Sash, Gough, Dek Stark, Holt, Baldy Bannon, Wattie.

Andy Dixon, Reilly, Ralphie, Luggy, Heggie, Kirkwood, Super Mo, Wee Jum.

Any Arab not passing this test is not a true Arab imo.

Fixed it for you. Andy was a legend.

Apparently the Willo Flood rumours are true...ooh god

I heard Stephen Thompson has learned the lessons of last season and is insisting a relegation clause is included in every new contract. It would appear that is putting some players off as they think it is too much of a risk for them financially.

I heard Stephen Thompson has learned the lessons of last season and is insisting a relegation clause is included in every new contract. It would appear that is putting some players off as they think it is too much of a risk for them financially.

Hope we do that if we get back up.

Nearly killed us the last time.

Relegation from the Championship? Seriously?

Relegation from the Championship? Seriously?

You'd assume they're signing a two year deal, with a relegation clause, based on them getting promoted in the coming season.

You'd assume they're signing a two year deal, with a relegation clause, based on them getting promoted in the coming season.

Fair point, never thought of it that way. In which case a relegation clause makes sense.

To all Dundee United supporters,

This is the first in a series of updates to ensure more regular communication in what will be a huge season for us.

There are a few key issues I would like to address.

1) Pay at the gate and season ticket prices.
2) More regular communication and supporters liaison group.
3) ArabTRUST Associate Director.

1) SEASON TICKET AND PAY AT THE GATE PRICES:

Our fixed costs in the Ladbrokes Championship are still those of a Premiership club. These include:

• Maintaining a youth development system which is crucial to our future success.
• Contractual commitments to players already signed.
• A top class training facility at St Andrews, which is crucial in attracting players.
• Our Youth Academy Hostel in Dundee, which houses around twenty youth players who otherwise might not sign for the Club because of our location.
• The GA arena and associated infrastructure costs.

These are significantly higher costs than many of our competitors this coming season will incur.

Our pay at the gate prices have been held for a number of years and the costs of season tickets have been frozen over the last two years, using funds from transfer fees to keep those prices lower than at many clubs.

The freezing of season ticket prices has ensured extra value for season ticket holders and I will also look at repeating last season’s promotional offers to holder’s friends and families: the loyalty period £20 discount on last season’s early bird prices was introduced to reward the loyalty shown by fans.

To take the Eddie Thompson lower stand as an example, fans purchasing an adult season ticket before the end of the loyalty period, which lasted six weeks, paid £279 per season ticket working out at only £15.50 per game.

Under 18’s could buy their ticket for £145 which works out at £8.05 per match.

In the family zone in the George Fox stand full paying adults can have accompanying children for £5 per match.

Whilst I am mindful of the need for season ticket holders to get full value for money paid in advance, I also appreciate that some of you cannot commit for many reasons to attending all home games. Therefore to try to balance the interests of both the contribution of season ticket holders and those supporters who cannot commit time-wise or financially to a season ticket, and after discussion with United supporters, I have agreed with the board that the pay at the gate prices for the lower tiers of the George Fox and the Eddie Thompson stands will be £20 and £10, instead of a proposed £22 and £12 pounds.

I will also investigate other methods of assisting those who cannot commit to a season ticket.

This is a delicate financial balancing act in the current climate, but I would hope that United fans would accept the principle that those with the broadest shoulders carry a slightly heavier load. I hope you feel that this is a fair compromise and recognition that times are difficult for some fans.
I am sure that you will agree that putting the best team possible on the park is crucial to a quick return to the top flight. Next season we will not have the biggest playing budget in the league and therefore your support is more vital than ever in assembling as strong a squad as we possibly can.

2) MORE REGULAR COMMUNICATION:

Club Consultant Jim Spence and Associate Director Colin Stewart have now met all of the fans groups and this process will continue and will be widened in the months ahead.

On Thursday 16th June, Manager Ray McKinnon met with the ArabTRUST, the Federation of Dundee United Supporters Clubs, the Dundee United Business Club and United Ladies for a football Q and A.

On Monday 20th June, an open football Q and A with the manager will be held in Clark’s bar in North Lindsay St, Dundee, between 7 and 9 pm. This event is a full house, but will be broadcast live on Periscope via the Club’s twitter account (@dundeeunitedfc) for all Arabs who could not get a ticket. Similar type events will also be held in the future.

A supporter’s liaison group is being formed and will meet regularly at Tannadice to discuss areas vital to the Club’s wellbeing, and will feed any issues raised to the Club board.

This group will comprise one member each from the ArabTRUST, the Federation of Dundee United Supporters Clubs, the Dundee United Business Club, and Dundee United Ladies, and one independent member along with an independent chairperson.

There will also be a pre-match drop in centre at Tannadice in the Hegarty suite where you can raise any issues with Jim and Colin.

Plans for an ‘Arab battle bus’ to tour the city and surrounding areas on a regular basis, where fans can engage with players, coaches, and other members of staff, are ongoing. The bus will also visit areas of the country where there are United supporters groups.

3) ArabTRUST Associate Director:

Colin Stewart who is the current ArabTRUST Associate Director is moving to a new role as a Club Associate Director where he will work closely with Jim Spence on fan engagement and the Club’s relationship with the United for All charity partnership.

ArabTRUST, the third largest shareholder at the Club, will now start the process of identifying a replacement for Colin. Stuart Campbell will occupy the position in the interim period. This will continue the position of the Trust’s representation in the boardroom as the third biggest shareholder, and along with the new liaison group ensure the continuation of supporters representation at Tannadice.

The Business Club is organising an open day for a ‘Meet the players and behind the scenes tour’ at Tannadice, on Sunday the 17th of July where families will get the opportunity to meet the Manager and players. Further details will be announced on our website.

Thanks to your backing, our season ticket sales are more than halfway to meeting our target for the season ahead, and the more and the quicker we sell them the quicker manager Ray McKinnon can strengthen the team for our ambition of a speedy return to the Ladbrokes Premiership.

This is a vital season for us and a united approach is crucial to our future well-being and success. I thank every one of you for your continued support of this great Club, it is very much appreciated.

Stephen Thompson

Chairman

Archived