The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wardy83 said:

Desperately need a forward. Amount of chances missed today was ridiculous. Simon Murray is not the answer

Sounded like we could've hit double figures, just couldn't get the ball in the net (bar the three) and an inspired performance by the keeper.

The supply is good, just need a proper centre forward...

Lose, lose with a cup like this. On one hand it's an absolute diddy cup but on the other you want your team to win every game they play.

It was a totally dominant performance today but a really poor one at the same time. Spittal is a dreadful player. He has no attributes that stand out in any way.

Andreu played well, as did the new defenders (van der Struijk didn't last the whole game). Dixon was okay but Robson would have been a better choice for a game like today's. Peterhead were so deep that we needed energy in the fullback areas to overlap but Dixon did a decent job. VdV was the lone striker.

3 hours ago, Twinkle said:

All you had to say mate, cheers.

That answers a lot of questions regarding your bitterness. Any other Dees wishing to answer, feel free

I was born in 1900 and have seen us winning all the major trophies. Any more questions?

I really hope that Van der Struijk played in the middle due to lack of fitness because this Toshney at right-back experiment isn't working. Incredibly average again today. Fair enough he is fit enough to get up and down the line but he isn't quick, isn't skilful and can't cross. 

Dixon was terrible. No surprise that all their success came down our left with him and the pop star on.

Hard to judge the new centre backs seem comfortable on the ball.

Tony looks player.

Need an actual striker big time Murray isn't good enough to play professional football.

Something I've noticed about Murray so far this season is despite his "incredible workrate and commitment" he actually never commits himself physically to anything. He might block the odd clearance here and there but he never puts in an actual challenge and totally 'Frasers' himself out of any 50/50. 

Games for the rest of the month...

What does everyone expect? I can see us realistically achieving 5 points and hopefully a cup win (I know 7-9 is achievable but I still think we are getting to grips with things at the moment). We had a kind initial set of games and now we have a few really tough matches that will really prove if we have come to terms with what is ahead of us this season.

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 19.39.54.png

16 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Games for the rest of the month...

What does everyone expect? I can see us realistically achieving 5 points and hopefully a cup win (I know 7-9 is achievable but I still think we are getting to grips with things at the moment). We had a kind initial set of games and now we have a few really tough matches that will really prove if we have come to terms with what is ahead of us this season.

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 19.39.54.png

Really hard to tell without a proper striker and two new central defenders still getting up to speed. Easily enough talent to win the lot, hoping for at least 7 points and a cup win.

Archived