The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Haber is not signing.

All part of the process m9.

Looks like McKinnon has done a decent job in turning around the squad over the summer. Flood seems to drive on the team and we were swept aside last night.

Still some way to go but I'm confident you'll comfortably make the top four. Not writing off your title chances but still some work to be done, methinks.

27 minutes ago, powerhouse7 said:
31 minutes ago, banana said:
A Dutch defender apparently signing shortly, assuming a CB.

hopefully he can defend unlike those clowns Durnan and Donaldson

At the start of the season I was willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt under a new manager, but after just a handful of games I think it's obvious that neither are consistently good enough.  Both of them did well last night, even in the second half when Partick were throwing everything at us, but they're both too prone to screw ups.

At the start of the season I was willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt under a new manager, but after just a handful of games I think it's obvious that neither are consistently good enough.  Both of them did well last night, even in the second half when Partick were throwing everything at us, but they're both too prone to screw ups.

actually dunno who I'd rather keep out of the two

11 minutes ago, powerhouse7 said:
18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

actually dunno who I'd rather keep out of the two

I too was willing to give them both a chance, now I'm torn and keep changing my mind, one day I want Durnan to stay, the next I want Donaldson to stay..

Donaldson is the sort of player who will rush out to a challenge missing man and ball, Durnan will let a simple pass go under his foot.

Donaldson is 8 foot tall and gets beaten in the air. Durnan just doesn't track runners.

Donaldson gets caught dribbling balls out of defence. Durnan just passes the ball to the opposition.

It's a pretty hard call.

4 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Throw in Paul Ritchie and Chris Innes and that's a defence!

This is madness. Innes was an excellent centre half, Ritchie had been an excellent centre half albeit injuries had taken their toll by the time he came to us.

I too was willing to give them both a chance, now I'm torn and keep changing my mind, one day I want Durnan to stay, the next I want Donaldson to stay..

They are both equally shit so whoever on the highest wage we should punt..so Donaldson I presume

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

This is madness. Innes was an excellent centre half, Ritchie had been an excellent centre half albeit injuries had taken their toll by the time he came to us.

Innes was ok,  solid if not spectacular - Ritchie was slower than a week in jail and turned like a tanker. Better than what we have as were Lauchlan and Mcgowne!

Archived