The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/261748/dundee-united-fan-claims-championship-tv-blackout-entirely-rangers-moving-premiership/

Bit of a minter this, although the guy is stating the perfectly obvious. Just do what I'm doing and take out an Arabzone subscription. Much better than whining IMO.

Nah fair play IMO. Don't ask you don't get. A load of shitey excuses in response, shock horror.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks rather self-serving to me. I'm sure the chap didn't give a shit about lower league coverage when we were in the the premiership. We got relegated, only natural that we'll get less exposure. On the plus side, Scotsport is gash so we're hardly missing out.

I haven't read the article.

Looks rather self-serving to me. I'm sure the chap didn't give a shit about lower league coverage when we were in the the premiership. We got relegated, only natural that we'll get less exposure. On the plus side, Scotsport is gash so we're hardly missing out.

I haven't read the article.

Point is they done it for 4 years and have conveniently stopped now Sevco are back up. If they hadn't done that I'm sure not a word would have been said.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Point is they done it for 4 years and have conveniently stopped now Sevco are back up. If they hadn't done that I'm sure not a word would have been said.

And if United hadn't been relegated then the chap wouldn't have given a toss. It's the self-serving nature of the complaint which undermines the legitimate underlying point. Also, Sportscene is shite in so many other ways that it seems rather unnecessary to focus on one individual complaint. Just don't watch it, that way you won't have to be irritated by everything about it.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'm shocked people are shocked by it tbh. Who actually thought the BBC would keep showing lower league highlights?

Exactly. I do get the complaint, kinda, but it's not as if highlights aren't readily accessible elsewhere. As you say, this was always going to happen once they got promoted. Realising that the BBC only care about two clubs is from the "dog bites man" category of news. Having that online petition I saw doing the rounds is a bit of a minter as well tbh.

7 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/261748/dundee-united-fan-claims-championship-tv-blackout-entirely-rangers-moving-premiership/

Bit of a minter this, although the guy is stating the perfectly obvious. Just do what I'm doing and take out an Arabzone subscription. Much better than whining IMO.

Is it OK to have an Arabzone subscription and still whine?

Asking for a friend...

Is it OK to have an Arabzone subscription and still whine?

Asking for a friend...

If you really want to, that's entirely your call. I'm past wasting time on the BBC, whose radio commentary on Rangers home games is done from in front of a TV screen in their studio. Rangers have telt them they aren't welcome(I've forgotten why) and still pander to the twats.

2 minutes ago, powerhouse7 said:

With Haber told to he isn't getting a contract wonder who we will bring in up top.

If Celtic bring in another striker, could maybe see Ciftci coming in on loan.

McKinnon rubbished that did he not, the Ciftci loan?

50 minutes ago, Desert Nomad said:

If you really want to, that's entirely your call. I'm past wasting time on the BBC, whose radio commentary on Rangers home games is done from in front of a TV screen in their studio. Rangers have telt them they aren't welcome(I've forgotten why) and still pander to the twats.

That isn't true, the bbc are not banned from Ibrox, they are boycotting of their own free will.

I also recall several Dundee united fans (amongst others) on here complaining when the bbc covered some of our early sfl games, apparently they should've concentrated on the SPL.

Kunts can't have it both ways.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

That isn't true, the bbc are not banned from Ibrox, they are boycotting of their own free will.

Well they banned BBC Scotland's chief sports reporter from Ibrox and the BBC declined to send anyone in his place. Does that qualify as a boycott? I'm not an expert on boycotts right enough so may be missing some important nuance.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

I also recall several Dundee united fans (amongst others) on here complaining when the bbc covered some of our early sfl games, apparently they should've concentrated on the SPL.

Kunts can't have it both ways.

I recall people deriding the BBC's new found interest in the lower leagues but I don't recall anyone complaining about it. Which United fans in particular do you recall complaining?

2 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

I was only joking about the whining bit.  :(. FWIW I agree with you, I really could give a shit about the BBC including their hypocritical pandering to Sevco.

Archived