The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

More tickets became available on Thursday, that's when we got ours. No idea if there are any left.

See there are more scotrail strikes planned that day.

Just bought my ticket for the Dumbarton game, still plenty left and season tickets there about 4,300+

7 hours ago, powerhouse7 said:

Yeah I Agree I'd rather have Flood, but some boys were trying to tell me that Rankin was betteremoji23.png

Tbf to Rankin, he's a bit more of a leader on the pitch and he will be able to play the whole 90 minutes

59 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Tbf to Rankin, he's a bit more of a leader on the pitch and he will be able to play the whole 90 minutes

Rankin wasn't a leader. I've no doubt he gave his all in every game but our problem last season was a dearth of leadership, Rankin included. Him and Dillon in the media after another calamitous defeat talking about clear the air talks in the dressing room doesn't constitute leadership. Horse had already bolted.

7 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Rankin wasn't a leader. I've no doubt he gave his all in every game but our problem last season was a dearth of leadership, Rankin included. Him and Dillon in the media after another calamitous defeat talking about clear the air talks in the dressing room doesn't constitute leadership. Horse had already bolted.

I agree with that, however I'm not sure if we've yet addressed that issue.  Are any of the new signings 'leaders'?

Hopefully we still have time to bring in a commanding central defender in the Andy Webster mould.

Archived