Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Sevco supporters are literally incapable of having any sort of self-worth without comparing their team's fortunes to other teams' fortunes.

Try getting a job or starting a family. Something else to provide meaning to your life.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

Funny thing is this just shows our tinpot Aberdeen are, as everything does, in that you are worse than a sevco phoenix club 😂

Started again in 4th tier, millions in revenue lost, entire squad bar 2 players gone for nothing, tied to terrible retail deal, etc. And yet this new club are STILL miles better than Aberdeen in Europe, even managed to sell a terrible player (Windass) for more than Aberdeen's record sale and are now miles ahead in terms of infrastructure and on pitch performances.

That's how tinpot Aberdeen FC are 😂

Alternative view there is that you had a stadium and training ground for £5.5m, get 45k+ a week in gates and have overspent by around £10m a year just to finish ahead of a tinpot club. Not sure who that makes more tinpot?

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Of course, I'm sure we can look forward to the Scottish media reporting the nuance involved in this quite clearly...

It's a strange angle to take from the press, going after something that is so simple to explain. I can only assume the journo involved simply wants to get himself noticed, as there is absolutely no benefit to anyone from portraying it the way he has. It will only anger an element of the Rangers fans and cause further friction between Rangers and the rest of the Scottish game.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Alternative view there is that you had a stadium and training ground for £5.5m, get 45k+ a week in gates and have overspent by around £10m a year just to finish ahead of a tinpot club. Not sure who that makes more tinpot?

Well that's a very reductive way of looking at it. Anyone with a logical mind can see the strides forward we've made under Gerrard. 

13 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Well that's a very reductive way of looking at it. Anyone with a logical mind can see the strides forward we've made under Gerrard. 

Those strides anything to do with spending loads of money you don't have on your team?

13 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

If pointing out economic reality regarding spending massively more than you generate is 'reductive' then I suppose so.

A few months down the line and you will be a mess of tears and snotters saying 'why didn't anybody warn us?'

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Those strides anything to do with spending loads of money you don't have on your team?

What you mean board members investing in our club as they always said was the plan? You do realise most clubs run at a loss including the near entirety of the English Championship often to a far more significant extent? You're not making any logical point here.

5 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

What you mean board members investing in our club as they always said was the plan? You do realise most clubs run at a loss including the near entirety of the English Championship often to a far more significant extent? You're not making any logical point here.

The English Championship is indeed a financial basket case. Financial emergencies are hardly rare down there.

There's a team called Bolton you might want to read up on. Another team spent a lot of money trying to get into the Championship and aren't playing football any more.

You'd think Rangers fans would have learned their lesson. The idea of the Hearts support tolerating the club being put at risk financially is ridiculous, but Rangers fans seem to be happy to sleepwalk into oblivion.

The spivvs fooled them once, and Rangers fans seem keen to be fooled again. Imagine playing in the Europa League and still losing more than ten million quid.

Edited by JTS98

Just now, JTS98 said:

You'd think Rangers fans would have learned their lesson. The idea of the Hearts support tolerating the club being put at risk financially is ridiculous, but Rangers fans seem to be happy to sleepwalk into oblivion.

The spivvs fooled them once, and Rangers fans seem keen to be fooled again. Imagine playing in the Europa League and still losing more than ten million quid.

If you actually think that we are "sleepwalking into oblivion" with a wage to turnover ratio of 63% then you really need to do some research because you don't know what you are talking about. I don't think you do actually believe that incidentally.

2 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

If you actually think that we are "sleepwalking into oblivion" with a wage to turnover ratio of 63% then you really need to do some research because you don't know what you are talking about. I don't think you do actually believe that incidentally.

Your turnover will never be higher than Europa League level, barring a big player sale, and you still lost more than ten million quid.

It's completely unsustainable. Yet Rangers responded by throwing good money after the bad.

Failing to stop Celtic get 9 and 10 in a row will kill your club. Like the old one.

Edited by JTS98

25 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

I don't disagree. Largely though I think finishing behind Aberdeen 2 years running was a sign of monumental mismanagement, rather than Gerrard being a fantastic manager. You are now where you should be, given the resources made available.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Your turnover will never be higher than that and you still lost more than ten million quid.

It's completely unsustainable. Yet Rangers responded by throwing good money after the bad.

Failing to stop Celtic get 9 and 10 in a row will kill your club. Like the old one.

Oh dear bud quit while you are only slightly behind. You've had an absolute shocker here.

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

Oh dear bud quit while you are only slightly behind. You've had an absolute shocker here.

Haha!

It's like 2010-11 all over again.

'Nothing to see here, nothing to see.'

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I don't disagree. Largely though I think finishing behind Aberdeen 2 years running was a sign of monumental mismanagement, rather than Gerrard being a fantastic manager. You are now where you should be, given the resources made available.

Yeah I fully agree on the mismanagement. Problem was the hugely expensive Pedro disaster. Although I think you are doing Gerrard a great disservice here. Getting through a full set of qualifiers twice in a row was a big achievement and his European record is unarguably strong.