Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Not sure how reliable this is...

@TheCoplandRoad.org   HMRC have confirmed that they vastly over billed Rangers oldco for EBT tax assessments. The ‘real’ bill would not have been sufficient to see the company sold and then pushed into admin - leading to the club being relegated and all the implications of that. A monumental scandal.

Oh god please be true 

the office laughing GIF

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

C47B06D2-FEA2-44BA-B40F-6A4348074109.gif

Funny thing is this just shows our tinpot Aberdeen are, as everything does, in that you are worse than a sevco phoenix club 😂

Started again in 4th tier, millions in revenue lost, entire squad bar 2 players gone for nothing, tied to terrible retail deal, etc. And yet this new club are STILL miles better than Aberdeen in Europe, even managed to sell a terrible player (Windass) for more than Aberdeen's record sale and are now miles ahead in terms of infrastructure and on pitch performances.

That's how tinpot Aberdeen FC are 😂

Edited by TavTastic

On 31/10/2019 at 18:49, Drew Brees said:

So me doubting someone, who imo doesn’t show the standards of good moral character, who claimed to be a victim of racism makes me a racist?

So you have to be of "good moral character" to be a victim of racism? O.K.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

So you have to be of "good moral character" to be a victim of racism? O.K.

No no, you have to have passed Drew Brees judgement of a moral character based on your actions on a football pitch and then he will consider your 'claims' of racism.

5 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Funny thing is this just shows our tinpot Aberdeen are, as everything does, in that you are worse than a sevco phoenix club 😂

Started again in 4th tier, millions in revenue lost, entire squad bar 2 players gone for nothing, tied to terrible retail deal, etc. And yet this new club are STILL miles better than Aberdeen in Europe, even managed to sell a terrible player (Windass) for more than Aberdeen's record sale and are now miles ahead in terms of infrastructure and on pitch performances.

Wee Tav loves the Dons, it's sweet.

12 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Yet they are still inside your head.

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

5-0 bud easy peasy

I think we did this dance on another thread. You're making a very long winded and excitable point that Rangers are currently better at football than Aberdeen. I don't think you'll be getting any arguments from a Dons fan. So quite what you're achieving other than jumping up and down on a forum on a Thursday morning I'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think we did this dance on another thread. You're making a very long winded and excitable point that Rangers are currently better at football than Aberdeen. I don't think you'll be getting any arguments from a Dons fan. So quite what you're achieving other than jumping up and down on a forum on a Thursday morning I'm not sure.

Might not get many arguments from Dons fans but that the truth that we are miles better seems to still be something denied by many of the reds considering the Lewis Ferguson debate prior.

Edited by TavTastic

@TheCoplandRoad.org   HMRC have confirmed that they vastly over billed Rangers oldco for EBT tax assessments. The ‘real’ bill would not have been sufficient to see the company sold and then pushed into admin - leading to the club being relegated and all the implications of that. A monumental scandal.

3 points.

1. Copelandroad.org

2. "Relegated"

3. LOL

3 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Might not get many arguments from Dons fans but that the truth that we are miles better seems to still be something denied by many of the reds considering the Lewis Ferguson debate prior.

Someone is insecure if he needs some affirmation from Aberdeen fans that Rangers don't need Lewis Ferguson.

season 7 cooking GIF by MasterChef Junior

Get a backbone fella.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Not reliable at all. Disingenuous at best.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I hope to feck ths isn't true.  If it is it's an opening for Banter Years - The Prequel.

What's worse than what we've been through?  A decade of listening to the diddies braying about us getting fucked for no good reason.

It's not true. It was reported in some quarters at the time that this would likely happen in the end.

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

Merger on the cards?

I doubt it very much.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Oh dear.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/rangers-tax-case-hmrc-blamed-for-downfall-of-club-qs9306kht

It's behind their paywall but it looks like Hector screwed up and the tax bill was much lower than they said at the time.  It was still unsustainable though.

Wasn't a screw up. HMRC decided earlier this year that it wasn't worth the hassle of arguing over some of the points of the Rangers payment system at the time. Essentially they have agreed at this point that the EBT payments will be counted as gross wage and not the net wage. They won't receive full payment no matter what they do, and have decided it's not worth pursuing further. There is a similar train of thought with the penalties that were being applied. Now, in essence, Rangers have only not paid around £24m in tax that was owed between the big and wee tax cases.

38 minutes ago, The OP said:

The Times’ article seems incredibly speculative to me. “Accountancy sources now believe...”

Disingenuous rather than speculative. Had Rangers continued as they were and not been put into admin then liquidation, HMRC would have more than likely challenged the points mentioned above, and challenged the basis of the payment as well as chased the penalties in full.

All that said, I agree with Kincardine. From a non Rangers perspective, it is so much funnier to think of this as some giant conspiracy to down the establishment club.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

Related image

28 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Wasn't a screw up. HMRC decided earlier this year that it wasn't worth the hassle of arguing over some of the points of the Rangers payment system at the time. Essentially they have agreed at this point that the EBT payments will be counted as gross wage and not the net wage. They won't receive full payment no matter what they do, and have decided it's not worth pursuing further. There is a similar train of thought with the penalties that were being applied. Now, in essence, Rangers have only not paid around £24m in tax that was owed between the big and wee tax cases.

Of course, I'm sure we can look forward to the Scottish media reporting the nuance involved in this quite clearly...