Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Do these Jurno's lie in bed at night dreaming up shite or whit? I'm sure he'll be welcomed back with open arms emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/928693/EXCLUSIVE-Rangers-Sir-David-Murray-Scottish-Premiership/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I honestly believe that a significant constituency would welcome him back.  If he was talking of ploughing in money, that constituency would be overwhelming.

Remember that King wasn't just welcomed back, but was hailed as a messiah.  Wildly discredited figures like Johnson and that potless Murray have been back too.  Walter Smith, he who in the words of Tom English, arrived at a funeral with a defibrillator after liquidation, became a puppet chairman and many subsequently wanted him as manager.  The much hated Naismith was also courted.

Welcoming back Murray would also help with sustaining the myth that what befell Rangers was an external Act of God in Whyte.

This story might well be absolute bollocks of course.  But don't underestimate the capacity of Rangers fans to duck any notion of principle, if it's perceived as being of advantage.

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Do these Jurno's lie in bed at night dreaming up shite or whit? I'm sure he'll be welcomed back with open arms emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/928693/EXCLUSIVE-Rangers-Sir-David-Murray-Scottish-Premiership/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hope he has plans to take advantage of an exciting tax evasion avoision evasion avoision evasion scheme which will help the club oust Celtic as the dominant force in Scottish football. Can only end well.

23 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Please, please make this happen.  It would be the ultimate continuation of the banter years

Please, please make this happen.  It would be the ultimate continuation of the banter years

You know for a fact that they would welcome him with open arms. Even after changing the name of training ground, everything they've said about what he did.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

You know for a fact that they would welcome him with open arms. Even after changing the name of training ground, everything they've said about what he did.

I think it’s still called Murray Park.

I honestly believe that a significant constituency would welcome him back.  If he was talking of ploughing in money, that constituency would be overwhelming.
Remember that King wasn't just welcomed back, but was hailed as a messiah.  Wildly discredited figures like Johnson and that potless Murray have been back too.  Walter Smith, he who in the words of Tom English, arrived at a funeral with a defibrillator after liquidation, became a puppet chairman and many subsequently wanted him as manager.  The much hated Naismith was also courted.
Welcoming back Murray would also help with sustaining the myth that what befell Rangers was an external Act of God in Whyte.
This story might well be absolute bollocks of course.  But don't underestimate the capacity of Rangers fans to duck any notion of principle, if it's perceived as being of advantage.

What a load of nonsense.

Honestly, take a break from whatever Celtic fans' blog you're currently donating towards.

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

Would we, aye?

And the training ground is still called Murray Park as far as I'm aware.

Other than that, spot on.  

On 08/03/2018 at 07:21, Monkey Tennis said:

How did Densboy manage to get Monks log in details?

6 hours ago, ScotlandGer said:

What a load of nonsense.

Honestly, take a break from whatever Celtic fans' blog you're currently donating towards.

I can't stand Celtic.  That's been extremely clear in numerous posts on here.

You reveal your nasty little prejudices with your post.

9 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

What a load of total nonsense.

I don't think so.  

The guys on here tend to be a bit more sane than some of the wider support.  However, welcoming King as chairman was bonkers when you think about it.  He was on the board before and he was a convicted tax criminal.  TAX for Christ's sake - the thing that sank the club.  

The support also happily accepted McCoist, the primary profiteer from liquidation - singing his name during the rebirth - until it became clear quite how bad he was as a football manager.  

Remember all those trophies the team won under Murray and how keenly the support resisted the moral pressure to have them removed.   

Anyway, what did Murray do wrong?  His behaviour only led to liquidation and apparently that doesn't matter.

I'm not even being facetious.  If there's any weight behind this story - a big if - then plenty of Rangers fans will be fine with it, provided Murray says he'll chuck in lots of money.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think so.  

The guys on here tend to be a bit more sane than some of the wider support.  However, welcoming King as chairman was bonkers when you think about it.  He was on the board before and he was a convicted tax criminal.  TAX for Christ's sake - the thing that sank the club.  

The support also happily accepted McCoist, the primary profiteer from liquidation - singing his name during the rebirth - until it became clear quite how bad he was as a football manager.  

Remember all those trophies the team won under Murray and how keenly the support resisted the moral pressure to have them removed.   

Anyway, what did Murray do wrong?  His behaviour only led to liquidation and apparently that doesn't matter.

I'm not even being facetious.  If there's any weight behind this story - a big if - then plenty of Rangers fans will be fine with it, provided Murray says he'll chuck in lots of money.

Oh FFS Monkey still posting like it's 2012.

Are you hankering after the glory days of The Big Thread when you could post tripe like this and be lauded by diddies all and sundry?

It's a shite article with no substance.  You know I like many of your posts but you've pitched this one wrongly.

On 3/8/2018 at 07:21, Monkey Tennis said:

I agree with all of this.  Football fans (not just those at Ibrox) have short memories.  If Murray came back and ploughed some money in then he would be hailed as a messiah too.  If MJ came back to Kilmarnock with some inheritance money or whatever and we started to sign players then he eventually would be liked too.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Murray coming back in.  The whole saga stank a little bit from day one.  If the old Rangers hadn't died I'd probably be quite unhappy with how they got away with it but they did so I'm not.

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh FFS Monkey still posting like it's 2012.

Are you hankering after the glory days of The Big Thread when you could post tripe like this and be lauded by diddies all and sundry?

It's a shite article with no substance.  You know I like many of your posts but you've pitched this one wrongly.

I readily concede that this might lack substance as a story.  In fact I've said so twice, explicitly.

I am saying though, that if there is any truth in it, plenty Rangers fans wouldn't be unhappy.  I stand by that.  

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I readily concede that this might lack substance as a story.  In fact I've said so twice, explicitly.

I am saying though, that if there is any truth in it, plenty Rangers fans wouldn't be unhappy.  I stand by that.  

Aye but that's all fanciful dross.  It has as much credence as me saying, "If we win on Sunday and go on to win our 55th title then we should rename our training ground 'Murty Park'"

Edit:  That's actually not a bad shout ;)

Edited by The_Kincardine

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Has David Murray actually got any money ?

I mean obviously he’s going to still be richer than me but is he rich to the level of having a few million spare to chuck at a football club without worrying too much about whether he gets it back?

Fuxace.  Don't burst the baw here, TC.  You're in danger of spoiling speculation with reality.  

53rd on the Scottish rich list with around £150m.

I really can't see him coming back, just the usual paper talk before an old firm game.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Has David Murray actually got any money ?

I mean obviously he’s going to still be richer than me but is he rich to the level of having a few million spare to chuck at a football club without worrying too much about whether he gets it back?