Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I've never really followed this issue before but I assume that Rangers are lobbying for their B team being allowed into the league set up for financial reasons and are looking for a full house at Ibrox every weekend rather than every second weekend?

Why would the other teams vote for this?  It would mean reduced Rangers away supports and therefore less money through turnstiles elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, The DA said:

I've never really followed this issue before but I assume that Rangers are lobbying for their B team being allowed into the league set up for financial reasons and are looking for a full house at Ibrox every weekend rather than every second weekend?

Why would the other teams vote for this?  It would mean reduced Rangers away supports and therefore less money through turnstiles elsewhere.

Theyll do what they always do, send their youth coach around the lower league teams offering them money to back the plan.

Last time they done it was confirmed they promised to buy every away ticket for every game regardless of if they actually sold out or not, as a incentive for clubs to accept them in.

The fact they seem like they're planning to do this again, when clubs are on their knees, is fucking vile.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyll do what they always do, send their youth coach around the lower league teams offering them money to back the plan.

Last time they done it was confirmed they promised to buy every away ticket for every game regardless of if they actually sold out or not, as a incentive for clubs to accept them in.

The fact they seem like they're planning to do this again, when clubs are on their knees, is fucking vile.

Have they actually got the cash to do that these days?

7 minutes ago, The DA said:

Have they actually got the cash to do that these days?

Does it matter? Theyd probably not bother once the Colt sides were accepted in anyway.

27 minutes ago, The DA said:

Isn't that what most PnBers demand tho?  When teams like kilmarnock single us out for ticket reductions it's seen as a win for Scottish football. 

The B team thing isn't something I'm keen on, getting youth players game time is already served through the loan system. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Isn't that what most PnBers demand tho?  When teams like kilmarnock single us out for ticket reductions it's seen as a win for Scottish football. 

The B team thing isn't something I'm keen on, getting youth players game time is already served through the loan system. 

Fair points, bennett, but I'm not sure how many club owners are also club supporters - it's all about the profit & loss for them.

Question for you - Are there any teams other than St Johnstone who give Rangers and Celtic fans the majority of their stadium when it’s meant to be their own home game ??

Guest Moomintroll

We don't single you out, the other vile bigoted arseholes get the same treatment. We are just trying to prevent crushing in all those wide open streets outside the Stadium, when you look at it we are doing your brainless hordes a favour from a H&S perspective

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

We don't single you out, the other vile bigoted arseholes get the same treatment. We are just trying to prevent crushing in all those wide open streets outside the Stadium, when you look at it we are doing your brainless hordes a favour from a H&S perspective

“Singled out” = treated the same as every other club

2 hours ago, The DA said:

I can't imagine the B Team would play their games at Ibrox (abeit they played some games there this season). Certainly wouldn't get anything close to a full house. 

One would expect the games to be at somewhere like Airdrie, Clyde or Murray Park for example. 

There's obviously a lot of opposition to them playing in the leagues and understandably so, both within the Rangers community and further afield. If the team had its own name, own badge etc I think more people would be on board. 

It would seem optimistic to expect to fill Ibrox for “Rangers B” vs Clyde.. And, while there may be some edge cases, if someone could get a ticket for the real game at Fir Park then they’re not going to watch the reserves.

Barca B play at the 6,000 capacity Cruyff Johan stadium but attendances don’t always break into four figures

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It would seem optimistic to expect to fill Ibrox for “Rangers B” vs Clyde.. And, while there may be some edge cases, if someone could get a ticket for the real game at Fir Park then they’re not going to watch the reserves.

Barca B play at the 6,000 capacity Cruyff Johan stadium but attendances don’t always break into four figures

Surely all the bigoted, glory hunting arseholes that travel miles to watch Rangers and Celtic wouldn’t travel miles to watch what is effectively a reserve game ?

Surely all the bigoted, glory hunting arseholes that travel miles to watch Rangers and Celtic wouldn’t travel miles to watch what is effectively a reserve game ?

Well yes, that was the point

When I said “optimistic” I was using it in the sense of “fucking delusional”. It was understatement for comic effect and politeness

58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Question for you - Are there any teams other than St Johnstone who give Rangers and Celtic fans the majority of their stadium when it’s meant to be their own home game ??

Livi, County, a cies, st mirren? , a few others that I'm not 100% sure about without checking.  Surely if it's meant to be their home game then their fans would applaud any decrease in our away support?

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Livi, County, a cies, st mirren? , a few others that I'm not 100% sure about without checking.  Surely if it's meant to be their home game then their fans would applaud any decrease in our away support?

County give  Rangers the same as Celtic and Aberdeen, the away section. It is reduced in size for teams bringing less fans, it isn’t a majority of the ground and it isn’t open to home fans in any situation.

Edited by Staggie52

I’d gladly have the away end empty for Rangers and Celtic games. Even going into Dingwall is a more depressing experience than usual on the days Rangers and Celtic visit.

And yeah, you get the away end. Certainly not the majority of the ground.

57 minutes ago, bennett said:

Livi have produced a good set of financial results so seems to be a sensible decision. 

Am I right in thinking that St Mirren took it to the next level and opened a Celtic Club Shop in part of their stadium ? Anyone know what type of income that brings ?

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Livi have produced a good set of financial results so seems to be a sensible decision. 

Am I right in thinking that St Mirren took it to the next level and opened a Celtic Club Shop in part of their stadium ? Anyone know what type of income that brings ?

They get rightly annihilated for that, but it was only when they hosted a Celtic pre season friendly.