Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His departure was meant to be coming at the same time as "significant investment", which would be enough to cover the £10m deficit in their accounts to see out the season.

King has now walked away, the investors from Hong Kong have pulled out, and the £10m black hole still exists.

Random guy must've missed the pandemic which has been ravaging almost every country in the world. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Random guy must've missed the pandemic which has been ravaging almost every country in the world. 

Well yes, the global pandemic that's seen every businessman on the planet refuse to gamble any money.

Which is why your prospective investor has pulled out, and why you cant rely on his money to get you through the year.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, the global pandemic that's seen every businessman on the planet refuse to gamble any money.

Which is why your prospective investor has pulled out, and why you cant rely on his money to get you through the year.

Has he actually pulled out?

The reports I've read is that it's currently on hold, not that big a shock really considering what's going on. You may well be right about it  but luckily its covered for now  " Bennett joined the RIFC board in March 2015 as part of the regime change when he invested substantial funds in Rangers. His consistent investment in the club is set to continue, with further funding in the coming months"

I can't see any additional investment being in place for next season though, also can't see clubs willing to spend that much on signing players too. 

16 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The worrying part for you must be that Bennett would be one of the more reputable figures to be involved in the governance of the club over recent years.

Me?  Worried??  

We've exchanged remarks for close to a decade and I have never expressed one scintilla of worry.  Why should I start now?

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Me?  Worried??  

We've exchanged remarks for close to a decade and I have never expressed one scintilla of worry.  Why should I start now?

I didn't suggest that you've expressed worry; merely that you experience it.

On 28/03/2020 at 17:32, RandomGuy. said:

His departure was meant to be coming at the same time as "significant investment", which would be enough to cover the £10m deficit in their accounts to see out the season.

King has now walked away, the investors from Hong Kong have pulled out, and the £10m black hole still exists.

King has ####ed them up big time , hooray !

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I assume King still has quadrillions of those penny shares? Has anyone bought them from him? If not, he is still in charge as he is majority shareholder

He isn't.  We don't have a majority shareholder though he has the largest number.

He isn't.  We don't have a majority shareholder though he has the largest number.

Thanks Kinky, I was just thinking out loud. The shares situation at your club seems bizarre from the outside. A pal of mine has shared which he says are virtually worthless but he says that there are 10s of millions of these in circulation due to continuous new issues over the years. It will be very difficult for an outsider to buy control of them?

3 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Thanks Kinky, I was just thinking out loud. The shares situation at your club seems bizarre from the outside. A pal of mine has shared which he says are virtually worthless but he says that there are 10s of millions of these in circulation due to continuous new issues over the years. It will be very difficult for an outsider to buy control of them?

I don't think we're much different to some other clubs.  I seem to remember Tom Farmer having 10s of millions of Hibs shares and I'm sure the number of shares Wiggy had at Aberdeen ran in to the millions.  I just had a keek and Desmond owns 10s of millions of Celtic shares and they have four different share classes with close to a billion shares issued.  Our share structure is simple in comparison.

Thanks for your concern, though.  I trust you'll go to other teams' threads and question their shareholding structures.  

Each day that goes by where Rangers wait for Celtic to cut wages first in a desperate game of one-upmanship, drives them deeper and deeper in to debt.

This will be tasty - make no mistake about that.

Edited by red23