Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

14 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Property funding expert Stuart Gibson is on the verge of ploughing millions into Rangers and becoming the most influential figurehead in the Ibrox boardroom.

Record Sport can reveal the Japan-based businessman was in Glasgow last week to meet with the current regime as he edges closer to completing a deal which will see Dave King step away from his position as chairman. 

Paisley born Gibson has made his fortune in the Far East since moving there in 1999 and his real estate company ESR boasts of having more than £1.5billion worth of assets under its management.

^^^ this is what pisses me off.

£1.5bn of assets I’ll offer the benefit of the doubt. But what you need to understand is that it’s not his £1.5bn of assets, it’s other people’s assets that he happens to be caretakering.

He’s clearly successful but whether he’s getting 1% or 10% seems to have missed this journo’s inquisitive nose. And he’s not got a spare £20m. Pyoor pish. 

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Before the P&D horde get in, may I say, "Wealth off the radar"

Is this a mainstream view amongst your lot? Just seems too sensible. 

On 16/03/2020 at 23:50, alta-pete said:

Property funding expert Stuart Gibson is on the verge of ploughing millions into Rangers and becoming the most influential figurehead in the Ibrox boardroom.

Record Sport can reveal the Japan-based businessman was in Glasgow last week to meet with the current regime as he edges closer to completing a deal which will see Dave King step away from his position as chairman. 

Paisley born Gibson has made his fortune in the Far East since moving there in 1999 and his real estate company ESR boasts of having more than £1.5billion worth of assets under its management.

^^^ this is what pisses me off.

£1.5bn of assets I’ll offer the benefit of the doubt. But what you need to understand is that it’s not his £1.5bn of assets, it’s other people’s assets that he happens to be caretakering.

He’s clearly successful but whether he’s getting 1% or 10% seems to have missed this journo’s inquisitive nose. And he’s not got a spare £20m. Pyoor pish. 

What have you got against people from Paisley?

1 hour ago, Romeo said:
On 17/03/2020 at 13:56, Bohemian said:

I think they've now reached peak ***. Absolute parody, but this appointment will be lapped up by the Klan.

Will Celtic counter act this with getting someone from Sinn Fein in? Dont think Gerry Adams is up to much these days, he's fairly handy on Twitter too.

34 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Rangers recruit someone who happens to be a member of a Christian fraternal society and the Ps&Ds reckon we should exclude him on the basis of his religion?  And it's we who are the bigots?

More fake news from Kincy.

You can tell is bad when they don't want to use the actual name of the organisation because it's so embarrassing.

Minter.

Edited by Romeo

The ET is talking sense shocker

Fans tipped to rally round crisis-hit Scottish clubs - just like Rangers supporters on "The Journey"

SCOTTISH football fans were last night tipped to rally around any club that is at risk of going out of business due to the coronavirus shutdown – just like Rangers supporters after the Ibrox club’s cataclysmic financial implosion in 2012.

There was an astonishing upsurge of backing for the stricken Glasgow giants when they were placed in the old Third Division and forced to take on part-time opponents eight years ago.

Ally McCoist’s men attracted huge crowds despite playing against minnows like Annan, Elgin City and Montrose – and the attendance of 50,048 at their final league match against Berwick Rangers was a world record for a fourth tier fixture.

Rangers' three main supporters groups at the time, the Assembly, Association and Trust, also endorsed a "fighting fund" which was set up to safeguard the Govan club's future and which raised almost £500,000.