Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Big opportunity for us build up a lead over Sellick with their match against St Mirren tomorrow and the Corona Cup fixture vs Dolly on Saturday being called off.

Even though they'd (obviously) have games in hand it would do us a lot of good to have an 8 point lead after 4 games.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Big opportunity for us build up a lead over Sellick with their match against St Mirren tomorrow and the Corona Cup fixture vs Dolly on Saturday being called off.

Even though they'd (obviously) have games in hand it would do us a lot of good to have an 8 point lead after 4 games.

Agreed. And if (it’s a big if) we win our next 3 matches, we would be 11 points clear of Celtic before they travel to face Dundee Utd.

Big test of character for the squad with an opportunity to apply some early pressure.

Was interesting to read Football Stewart's review of the St Mirren, particularly with regards to the Jackamara axis.

Wasn't something I noticed watching the game all that much, but looks as if it did work a lot better.

A lot of pressure coming up in our next few games, would be great to pick up some wins and get some points in the bag.

Jack and Kamara allow the full backs and Aribo go get forward more, we're not getting caught out like we did last season. Davis seems a bit off the pace so far.

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

Was interesting to read Football Stewart's review of the St Mirren, particularly with regards to the Jackamara axis.

Wasn't something I noticed watching the game all that much, but looks as if it did work a lot better.

I'd not read much into that, though.  St Mirren decided to play the game entirely without a midfield - thus a 40 yard gap between Obika and the rest of the team so, apart from about 3 mins at the start of the 2nd half, we were under no pressure whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

A lot of pressure coming up in our next few games, would be great to pick up some wins and get some points in the bag.

Jack and Kamara allow the full backs and Aribo go get forward more, we're not getting caught out like we did last season. Davis seems a bit off the pace so far.

Aye.  The wee man's not playing his usual game, unfortunately.  Maybe needs a bit more fitness?

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I'd not read much into that, though.  St Mirren decided to play the game entirely without a midfield - thus a 40 yard gap between Obika and the rest of the team so, apart from about 3 mins at the start of the 2nd half, we were under no pressure whatsoever.

True, but that won't be an unfamiliar scenario for us this season. It's good we're finding a way of beating it.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

True, but that won't be an unfamiliar scenario for us this season. It's good we're finding a way of beating it.

Also true.  I expect a similar pattern tomorrow night and I'm not sure if St Johnstone's keeper will be anything like Alnwick was on Sunday.

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think it will be good to be the chaser for a change,it will keep Celtic focused and motivated instead of the normal procession to the holy grail.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think it will be good to be the chaser for a change,it will keep Celtic focused and motivated instead of the normal procession to the holy grail.

I love that Celtic fans call this title the Holy Grail. It's very fitting when you consider that nobody has ever found it and if they did, it almost certainly wouldn't be valid.

Seems there’s been some more racist abuse aimed towards Morelos online.

I got some stick for sharing the actual offensive message last time so I’ll let others search for it themselves should they wish to do so.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Seems there’s been some more racist abuse aimed towards Morelos online.

I got some stick for sharing the actual offensive message last time so I’ll let others search for it themselves should they wish to do so.

Why would someone downvote this?