Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Rangers statement coming.  

Why are Rangers so up in arms about a vote that has no effect on the Premiership?

Thursday, 16 April 2020, 19:00

by Rangers Football Club

The most important issue facing all of us at this time is the Covid-19 pandemic and the Board of Rangers sincerely hope all of our fans and their families are staying safe and healthy. Hopefully we will all be back supporting our team as soon as possible.

However, given events of the past week, we feel we should make comment on the SPFL resolution vote. No fair minded person can take the outcome of this vote seriously. The SPFL has conducted a process which has been misleading and deeply flawed.

In particular, publishing the outcome prior to all clubs having voted has undermined the democratic process and demonstrated unacceptable standards of corporate governance by the SPFL Executive.

We are extremely concerned that member clubs were not provided with enough information, or time, to allow them to make fully informed decisions.

Also, we are aware several club directors claimed they were being bullied at a time when Scottish football should have been acting in unity to alleviate the financial hardship of many of our clubs. Addressing the latter was one of our primary objectives and the resolution we presented could and should have been progressed.

The SPFL chose to obstruct our resolution which would have given clubs the required financial support, without the pre-condition of ending the season. The fact that this solution was not afforded sufficient consideration defies belief and further underlines the view held by many clubs that the processes and behaviours of certain individuals must now be the subject of forensic examination.

For our part, Douglas Park has already requested an independent investigation into the conduct of the executive. The SPFL appear to have acknowledged the need for an internal investigation – but only an independent investigation will provide satisfactory, credible answers. We repeat our call for the immediate suspension of Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie pending the outcome of the independent investigation.

It is imperative that constructive engagement begins immediately with members to evaluate all options for completing the 2019/20 Premiership season, including on the field of play. The SPFL must allow every opportunity to do so. There is precedent within Scottish football that a league must not be compromised by changing the rules during the course of the competition.

The anger of our fans is understood and shared by our Board, who continue to examine all legal options available.

Edited by The DA

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I remember when Celtic were the bigger team and waived the right to through at Legias expense.

It was Legia that reported their error and UEFA kicked them out so had sweet f**k all to do with us really. UEFA probably would have kicked us out too if wee refused. The two situations aren't even remotely comparable.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

It Legia that reported their error and UEFA kicked them out so had sweet f**k all to do with us really. UEFA probably would have kicked us out too if wee refused. The two situations aren't even remotely comparable.

I didn't say the decisions were comparable. More mocking the fact the lad seems to think there is a moral high ground in football.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This thread is disappointingly boring.

I want heads gone, I want seeth, I want threats of boycotts or better still actual boycotts.

P&B Sevcovians need to up their game.

They don't care enough about the newco mate.

19 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I have literally no idea who that is.

I take it we didn't break any rules then?

I wouldn’t entirely blame Dundee. As Partick Thistle have said, the SPFL high heid yins had no right to disregard the “Reject” vote that Dundee sent before 5.00, even though, presumably due to problems with the email, it was not opened by the SPFL until after Dundee inexplicably sent a second email to ask for the original email to be ignored. The original vote has to stand. Bloody hell, I hate agreeing with Rangers.

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

I don’t know what they put in the Bear Pakora at Ibrox, but Integrity FC fans I know are always talking about walking away from Scotland and joining The National League whenever they feel aggrieved. Their Glasgow business partners used to be The Paranoid FC but this lot are beyond parody

Best they walk away to glory hunt some other team.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I wouldn’t entirely blame Dundee. As Partick Thistle have said, the SPFL high heid yins had no right to disregard the “Reject” vote that Dundee sent before 5.00, even though, presumably due to problems with the email, it was not opened by the SPFL until after Dundee inexplicably sent a second email to ask for the original email to be ignored. The original vote has to stand. Bloody hell, I hate agreeing with Rangers.

Does the rule exist or was it a hoax that, any club that voted no could change their mind to a yes vote. If it did exist then, so what about this phantom email. Did Dundee not issue a statement today also clarifying the issue with the vote they sent anyway?

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You don't have to matey.

8 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Does the rule exist or was it a hoax that, any club that voted no could change their mind to a yes vote. If it did exist then, so what about this phantom email. Did Dundee not issue a statement today also clarifying the issue with the vote they sent anyway?

The rule 2 below...

EVaqbMkXgAAPjns.jpeg.thumb.jpg.fed3c74ca187f2000c9d8a11634cb493.jpg.c1b12b28339ee827cca7b920ce03ea85.jpg

Edited by johnnydun

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You don't have to matey.

The rule 2 below...

EVaqbMkXgAAPjns.jpeg.thumb.jpg.fed3c74ca187f2000c9d8a11634cb493.jpg.c1b12b28339ee827cca7b920ce03ea85.jpg

Yeah I see that once you indicate your agreement you may not revoke. They apparently voted no agreement firstly then revoked. Or am I reading that wrongly?

Has it been explained properly? 

@The_KincardineHave they produced any evidence yet that procedures weren't followed?  Read the last statement and they appear to have changed their claim to bullying and coercion.  Traits which anyone in Rangers would have a brass neck to publicly accuse others of doing.

Bullying and Coercion are exactly why Rangers are still an SPFL side.

[mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention]Have they produced any evidence yet that procedures weren't followed?  Read the last statement and they appear to have changed their claim to bullying and coercion.  Traits which anyone in Rangers would have a brass neck to publicly accuse others of doing.
Bullying and Coercion are exactly why Rangers are still an SPFL side.
You will not get a straight answer to this.