Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's not just about Rangers though, too many people seem to be falling into that sevtrap.

I'm not talking about what's right. I'm asking whether, from a Rangers perspective, ending the season early is actually the best outcome you could realistically expect, while having to keep up the pretence that it's the worst. 

Edited by Mr Heliums

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I think it would be fair to assume that the teams with most to lose from this will be most vocal.

We can all see who that is.

Or the most to gain.....

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

I'm not talking about what's right. I'm asking whether, from a Rangers perspective, ending the season early is actually the best outcome you could realistically expect. 

27 points still to play for,  if we leave it there will always be a what if..... query about it. But it's not just about us, a lot more is at stake for other teams imo.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

27 points still to play for,  if we leave it there will always be a what if..... query about it.

That's my point. That 'what if' is almost certainly the best outcome you could hope for.

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

Correct, I say split the prem money between all 4 divisions. I'm sure rangers would forgo their money all together, I'd be happy for Celtic to do the same. I mean if it's for the benefit of other smaller teams...who might be struggling....isn't it.?

Not quite the approach I'd take but respect your opinion.

I posted elsewhere I'd divide the prize money between each relevant league. Then use what ever League Cup money they have for the competition that won't be played next season and split that between the lower leagues a bit further down the line 

11 hours ago, bennett said:

It's not just about Rangers though, too many people seem to be falling into that sevtrap.

With 2 old firm games and a game in hand, anything could happen at the top end of the table. Down at the bottom end/top of the championship there's probably even more at stake as teams try to avoid relegation or gain promotion.  Similar with the other leagues, there's still a lot to play for and simply making decisions based on current standings can't be justified. 

I agree it's not fair but what other choice is there? Nothing about this virus is fair. There is no end in sight to this pandemic.  Let's not kid ourselves and pretend anything other than Celtic winning the league was gonna happen. The only club it's tough and unjust on if the league is called now is Hearts.  

As another poster said, Sevco should be delighted to end their season and just take their cash. Saved Slippy G his job too. 

You might care what happens to other clubs placing etc  but I guarantee 99.9% of sevcon fans couldn't give two effs. 

Edited by Bohemian

Guest Moomintroll
I agree it's not fair but what other choice is there? Nothing about this virus is fair. There is no end in sight to this pandemic.  Let's not kid ourselves and pretend anything other than Celtic winning the league was gonna happen. The only club it's tough and unjust on if the league is called now is Hearts.  
As another poster said, Sevco should be delighted to end their season and just take their cash. Saved Slippy G his job too. 
You might care what happens to other clubs placing etc  but I guarantee 99.9% of sevcon fans couldn't give two effs. 
Very even handed verdict there Bohemian, acknowledging that you do not want your rivals to suffer unjustly.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
14 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Very even handed verdict there Bohemian, acknowledging that you do not want your rivals to suffer unjustly.

Watching Hearts getting relegated in any other circumstance would give me no end of LOLs and some of their posters in here would get it tight, but not like this.  I think football rivalry should be put on hold. 

Hearts getting relegated because of this will be tough. Sevco claiming they care is embarrassing 

I think the Rangers fans are letting their hatred for Celtic cloud their thinking.

if the fans got their wish and the season was null and void, how can they expect to get prize money? The sponsors won’t pay the full whack, the Tv companies won’t pay the full whack either!!

The last thing Rangers need is reduced money compared to what they budgeted for. Especially given that their accounts were showing £10M to get to end of season. 
Also the one thing above all that’s kept them afloat has been their brilliant success in Europe under SG. If that’s scrapped as well then they’d likely get reduced Eufa payments as well. And I’d imagine players will have been paid bonuses already for getting out the groups & past Braga.

Final point, if the EL gets scrapped then the coefficient points for this season could also be scrapped meaning we won’t get the extra  Champions League spot, which is crucial to Rangers getting self sustaining, or as close as possible.

would rangers fans be willing to give this all up putting their club at real risk of going bust just to stop Celtic getting 9 in a row, which lets face it. Both clubs have done it already and nobody outside the 2 clubs gives a rats ass about it 

3 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

if the fans got their wish and the season was null and void,

I stopped reading there.  There is no possibility of the season being N&V.  Even though I've not read it you can't make a good post on a false premise.

would rangers fans be willing to give this all up putting their club at real risk of going bust just to stop Celtic getting 9 in a row,  

Of course. When it comes to Rangers, It will only be the company that goes bust NOT the club. Someone will buy the history and they will be going for 55.

7 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

I think the Rangers fans are letting their hatred for Celtic cloud their thinking.

if the fans got their wish and the season was null and void, how can they expect to get prize money? The sponsors won’t pay the full whack, the Tv companies won’t pay the full whack either!!

The last thing Rangers need is reduced money compared to what they budgeted for. Especially given that their accounts were showing £10M to get to end of season. 
Also the one thing above all that’s kept them afloat has been their brilliant success in Europe under SG. If that’s scrapped as well then they’d likely get reduced Eufa payments as well. And I’d imagine players will have been paid bonuses already for getting out the groups & past Braga.

Final point, if the EL gets scrapped then the coefficient points for this season could also be scrapped meaning we won’t get the extra  Champions League spot, which is crucial to Rangers getting self sustaining, or as close as possible.

would rangers fans be willing to give this all up putting their club at real risk of going bust just to stop Celtic getting 9 in a row, which lets face it. Both clubs have done it already and nobody outside the 2 clubs gives a rats ass about it 

Can't really argue with that, celtic definitely deserve to win a league which they haven't won.

I can't believe that I got it so wrong,  thanks for explaining things so eloquently. 

Sorry celtic.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Can't really argue with that, celtic definitely deserve to win a league which they haven't won.

I can't believe that I got it so wrong,  thanks for explaining things so eloquently. 

Sorry celtic.

For your tears and snotters and inevitable heads gone alone I hope Celtic are awarded the title without having to play all their games.

Surely if sevco are wanting the season voided the prize money should be split equally for all 12 SPFL teams. Same down all other leagues 

How do they deserve more than 10 other teams if results dont count....