Jump to content
The_Kincardine

The Big Ecumenical Hoose. A haven to discuss Rangers' 2019-20 Season

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Strange outlook,considering Aberdeen had two 0-0's against Burnley and Celtic had a 3-3 an 1-1 against Man city.
I don't watch the English game but the Scots usually do well against our big brothers.

Minor point, but Aberdeen had two 1.1 draws after 180 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I know that Rangers people are good at rewriting history, but that’s up there with the best.

What's your take on it then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Broon_100 said:

No idea why my post in the Saints thread ended up in here - weird.  To answer your question though, depends if the chairman gets his cheque book out. We need a central defender and 2 strikers. If not, we will be down there.

Hope you get things sorted.  Tommy is one of the good guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

What's your take on it then?

Both teams, Burnley and Wolves, much of a muchness at the ends of the respective seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Both teams, Burnley and Wolves, much of a muchness at the ends of the respective seasons.

My point was a lot more about style. Burnley scored very few goals and played a style that suited being the underdog in the league rather than being a favourite. They really struggled in Europe and didn't win a game within 90 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

My point was a lot more about style. Burnley scored very few goals and played a style that suited being the underdog in the league rather than being a favourite. They really struggled in Europe and didn't win a game within 90 minutes.

Whereas Wolves have scooshed through their recent European ties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingjoey said:

Whereas Wolves have scooshed through their recent European ties?

I think they will do better and at least qualify for the group stages, yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s usually horrible to see serfs getting beaten to a pulp by their masters but I would enjoy Rangers playing Wolves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

It’s usually horrible to see serfs getting beaten to a pulp by their masters but I would enjoy Rangers playing Wolves.

The West Midlands is a bit grim but living in Wolverhampton isn't quite serfdom...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Rangers drew with Blackburn Rovers.

Is that the first opponents Rangers have played in a friendly that have been almost match fit?
Similarly the first opponents that Rangers couldn’t beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who actually watched the Burnley and Wolves sides in question are kidding themselves on if they don't think Wolves are a much better side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

Anyone who actually watched the Burnley and Wolves sides in question are kidding themselves on if they don't think Wolves are a much better side.

It was only @wastecoatwilly that said Burnley were as good as Wolves mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolves are miles better than what Burnley were last season. It's not even debatable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was only @wastecoatwilly that said Burnley were as good as Wolves mate.

Kingjoey seemed to be trying to imply it but at least they had reason to talk up Burnley. 

Worth noting there was no shame getting knocked out by that Burnley side, and Aberdeen feeling that they could have won is a testament to how well they played over the two legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was only @wastecoatwilly that said Burnley were as good as Wolves mate.

Nope,I don't watch the English game all I said was they must have finished in the same position in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Nope,I don't watch the English game all I said was they must have finished in the same position in the league.

You did imply it though. If you don’t watch the English game you won’t have a clue so fair do’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You did imply it though. If you don’t watch the English game you won’t have a clue so fair do’s.

All I did was question the outlook of the rangers fan,I've no idea how good bad or indifferent Wolves are.
He said Wolves would destroy rangers that attitude and the same from McInnes against Burnley beat before a ball is kicked does my nut in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

All I did was question the outlook of the rangers fan,I've no idea how good bad or indifferent Wolves are.
He said Wolves would destroy rangers that attitude and the same from McInnes against Burnley beat before a ball is kicked does my nut in.

For what it’s worth I think Wolves would beat Rangers.

I agree with you about the defeatist attitude and in particular talking about McInness seeing Aberdeen’s defeat to Burnley as some sort of victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

All I did was question the outlook of the rangers fan,I've no idea how good bad or indifferent Wolves are.
He said Wolves would destroy rangers that attitude and the same from McInnes against Burnley beat before a ball is kicked does my nut in.

Burnley got to where they did by being shithouses.

Wolves are a genuinely good football team.

Anyone over the past seasons could tell you the big difference between them and Rangers fans are right to fear them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...