Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Saw this too. Such a shame.
Found this other story from a while back too.

Portuguese legend and Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of not helping terminally ill footballer and former Rangers FC star Fernando Ricksen. In a recent interview, Ricksen’s wife Veronica said that Ronaldo did not offer help to her family despite meeting with him personally.

In an interview given to the Russian Match TV website, Veronika Ricksen explained in detail the ordeals her family is going through, also adding that they don’t get much help from world-famous players.

She narrated the story of their meeting with Cristiano Ronaldo as an example to her above point.

“Once we met with Cristiano Ronaldo, so what? I can’t say I wasn’t much thrilled about the meeting,” she was quoted as saying by RT.

“Bella (Ricksen’s daughter) wanted to see a man whom she, together with her father, watched playing football on TV. Fernando promised her to arrange a meeting with him and he kept his promise. We went to Madrid to see him (Ronaldo).”

In light of this I imagine that Rangers, Gerrard and the most diverse and religiously welcoming fans in the universe will now rightly boycott any plans to sign Ronaldo based on grounds of morality.
D257A312-5747-4AC8-880A-B70FEC611D1D.thumb.png.4cf76395a1f4f0248f4078f38939382a.png
What help does she expect? Him to wheel him round?
Or is it just handouts she's after? Actual nothing story trying to make Ronaldo look bad because he didn't throw money at a former Pro he probably never even met before?

Guest Moomintroll
Hardly.
Personally, and not being a fan of either of the big two, I really liked Ricksen and mainly due to the fact he was batshit crazy and I feel he was part of the Rangers team when the SPL was in a pretty good place. I would’ve thought the opening line where I said it was “such a shame” might have given a clue to my sentiments. I actually feel sorry for Ricksen nowadays due to his illness and also the fact he got wheeled out like a performing monkey at every opportunity, much like Gazza in some ways. I think it would be better all round if they could live out their days in peace as they won’t have as many as the rest of us. I also don’t know what his wife expects from Ronaldo. The world’s most famous footballer must have to meet loads of various people as part of his job and I’m left feeling that the article suggests they were looking for some sort of donation or something. Ronaldo has no obligation to do anything but has donated a top which I reckon could easily be auctioned for £10k. 
Ah shite sorry m90, took that as sarcasm. Was having a spat with an annoying Aberdeen fan at the time so wasn't well disposed to your mob. In the words of the immortal Dougie Vipond, I do agolopise.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:
P+B is life for Moomintroll.

Says you, you odd little man. You coming down to Rhyl?

Yeh mate can you get any tickets?

Guest Moomintroll
15 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Yeh mate can you get any tickets?

Going to try tomorrow but I have a waiting list, have resigned myself to getting a Hospitality ticket if they can ever be bothered to announce what price they are & what you get for it. Will give you a shout if I have a ticket spare.

On 28/06/2019 at 22:44, bennett said:

Meanwhile, Gerrard has revealed that he’s got no plans to send new boy Jake Hastie out on loan.

The young winger, snapped up from Motherwell, was reportedly going to be farmed out, with the likes of Jordan Jones, Sheyi Ojo, Jamie Murphy and Daniel Candeias all competing for places.

But Gerrard has been impressed with Hastie’s attitude and ability at their pre-season camp in Portugal and wants to give him a chance in friendly games against Oxford United, Marseille, Blackburn Rovers and Derby County.

Hastie’s international team-mate with Scotland U21’s, Ross McCrorie, could face a different scenario with Gerrard admitting he might struggle for game time this term.

We've 4 friendlies and 2 EL fixtures in July. 

The squad does need thinned but it's far too early to name names.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

We've 4 friendlies and 2 EL fixtures in July. 

The squad does need thinned but it's far too early to name names.

Apparently we've got 38 first team players, unreal.

Guest Moomintroll

I was kinda hoping you two were going to duke it out.
Nah I'm a peaceful big lump these days. Dindy loves winding people up but he means well & it can be funny as f**k to watch when you are not on the receiving end.

33 minutes ago, nsr said:

You mean we had a bunch of clubs spending money they didn't have?

Precisely this.

A ridiculous period.  He mentions Hearts, Dundee and Rangers whose exploits in that period led directly to admin, admin and liquidation.  

It was also the ultimate closed shop period of the SPL with 1 relegation spot and a 10,000 seat rule.  A dark, dark spell.

Precisely this.
A ridiculous period.  He mentions Hearts, Dundee and Rangers whose exploits in that period led directly to admin, admin and liquidation.  
It was also the ultimate closed shop period of the SPL with 1 relegation spot and a 10,000 seat rule.  A dark, dark spell.

But, Cannigia [emoji51]

5 minutes ago, Daydream said:

But, Cannigia emoji51.png

Nemsadze, Speroni and Caballerro. The subsequent years of pain were worth getting the chance to see them strut their stuff even if it was all for nothing.

On 28/06/2019 at 21:52, Sheep62 said:

I've fucked nothing up.

Patently above your intelligence level, but I like the idea of it puzzling you.

As for following you,  you really do have an inflated sense of self importance

I read on here you were apparently once witty and cutting edge.

Where did that go ?

I doubt you read that on here. Not about him, anyway.