Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

57 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's because it's a phrase used just to describe the colour of Celtic's strip - nothing more.

You, Tedi and bennett were all warned for using the term “grey and green yins” a couple years back and you all stopped using it. Coincidence?

8 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You, Tedi and bennett were all warned for using the term “grey and green yins” a couple years back and you all stopped using it. Coincidence?

I was sent to the naughty step for a fortnight for, childishly, typing 'yins' with a green font.  The most egregious suspension in P&B history.

It was nonsense then and is nonsense now.

15 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Ibrox is some size of place with each wee section having their minority songbook.

8Mile has heard “green yins” numerous times whereas other season ticket holders have never heard the phrase.

You still haven't answered what mask I let slip mate. What have I inadvertently revealed about myself on this thread?

I'm just a thick c*nt like every other OF supporter, so make sure it's nice and clear with simple words so I can understand it.

Edited by G51

28 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Ibrox is some size of place with each wee section having their minority songbook.

8Mile has heard “green yins” numerous times whereas other season ticket holders have never heard the phrase.

It’s been about 20-odd years since I had a season ticket at Ibrox. During the time I did, I don’t recall once hearing said phrase used in the stadium. I don’t recall ever claiming that I had though. 

Standard wild two footed lunge Dindy. Sort yourself out.

12 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Also worth mentioning that the expression 'green and greys' isnt being accuratly portayed here as staunch Sevcovites will attest to

I missed this wee gem.  Harks back to the halcyon days of The Big Thread when punctuation-free diddies with their stream of consciousness drivel was a daily occurance.

The only entertainment we now have is Gammonballs thinking that people don't wash if they live in a single end, the hysterical Falkirk borrower doing his usual tantrum stuff and the half wit being, well, a half wit.

We definitely need a better class of diddy.

Edited by The_Kincardine

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

My point is, I've never heard the phrase being used at Ibrox (but I have definitely heard the actual word you claim it refers to), which makes me think it is potentially a phrase that has originated online to get around swear filters or for people to get a dig in while not wanting to look obvious.

I've heard numerous people refer to Celtic fans as the Green and Grey - in reference to a joke inferring they do not take their tops off to wash them.

I've never heard the phrase 'Grey and Green yins', but, I've not really been on online forums much until recently.

20 hours ago, G51 said:

You still haven't answered what mask I let slip mate. What have I inadvertently revealed about myself on this thread?

I'm just a thick c*nt like every other OF supporter, so make sure it's nice and clear with simple words so I can understand it.

Please let me know where I mentioned you.

19 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s been about 20-odd years since I had a season ticket at Ibrox.

So basically as soon as Celtic stopped you from getting 10 in a row you stopped going?

Im shocked by this revelation. 

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Incorrect. 

Go away and stop being a clown please.

You said 20 odd years ago. So what was it? 1998? 1999?

Imagine your team winning 9 in a row and then they lose the league one season and you just abandon them. That’s so typical of you 8 Mile. 

ETA - Even though we can’t rely on you for the truth I sincerely hope your last game as a season ticket holder was when Ally Mitchell scored the winner at Ibrox. That would be great.

Edited by Sortmeout

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You said 20 odd years ago. So what was it? 1998? 1999?

Imagine your team winning 9 in a row and then they lose the league one season and you just abandon them. That’s so typical of you 8 Mile. 

ETA - Even though we can’t rely on you for the truth I sincerely hope your last game as a season ticket holder was when Ally Mitchell scored the winner at Ibrox. That would be great.

Sound m8.

Why would you assume that? You do know a bedsit is basically just a small open-plan flat other than the bathroom? Not sure why you assume anyone has been forced either. Could be through choice or bound by budget or circumstances.

Bedsits tend to have a separate kitchen. A ‘studio’ flat tends to be the term for one all purpose room, with separate bathroom.

9 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Bedsits tend to have a separate kitchen. A ‘studio’ flat tends to be the term for one all purpose room, with separate bathroom.

^^^ Dion Dublin

Just realised you have the same initials as well. No danger that’s a coincidence! Hiya Dion! Hiya pal!

I've never heard the phrase 'Grey and Green yins', but, I've not really been on online forums much until recently.

Is the ‘green yins’ meant rhythm with a term that Celtic fans call themselves? (As in ‘paddy McCourts ****** army’). Hardly a sectarian slur if we use it ourselves, or am I totally missing the point here?

9 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Is the ‘green yins’ meant rhythm with a term that Celtic fans call themselves? (As in ‘paddy McCourts ****** army’). Hardly a sectarian slur if we use it ourselves, or am I totally missing the point here?

Apparently so.

10 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Fuckin thank you. There's a whole lot of manufactured offense here (and elsewhere) and faux outrage at supposedly sectarian terms from both sides of the aisle. 

As a catholic I've never been offended by the term f£nian, mainly because I'm not Irish (or a celtic fan......my Da' is a contrarian weirdo so we're Jags fans)  and I always understood the word to be something to do with Irish Republicanism. If you're going to sing songs which glorify either the IRA or romanticise the struggle for nationhood, then you can't go clutching your pearls/rosary beads when others attach a label to you whose original meaning described those who fought for Irish independence. I know it's used as a catholic slur, but it isn't a very good one (bead-rattler was always my favourite tbh) and I think the "offense" is taken with too much alacrity.

Also, as someone who has been deeply involved not just in his own parish, but in the wider Scottish community, I've never heard anyone describe anyone of the Protestant faith as a h*n. Never. Proddies, absolutely, but never h*n. That wouldn't have made any sense. H*ns were always Rangers supporters (because of their behaviour and general bellicosity rather than any ideological conflict). Example. My school pal Katy regularly attended mass with her mum on Sunday, and every second Saturday would head to Ibrox with her Dad. Katy was a Tim, a bead-rattler, a kafflik. Katy was also a h*n b*****d, and sensibly kept this side of her hidden until about 6th year.  

Happy to help.

Peace be with you all

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Fuckin thank you. There's a whole lot of manufactured offense here (and elsewhere) and faux outrage at supposedly sectarian terms from both sides of the aisle. 

As a catholic I've never been offended by the term f£nian, mainly because I'm not Irish (or a celtic fan......my Da' is a contrarian weirdo so we're Jags fans)  and I always understood the word to be something to do with Irish Republicanism. If you're going to sing songs which glorify either the IRA or romanticise the struggle for nationhood, then you can't go clutching your pearls/rosary beads when others attach a label to you whose original meaning described those who fought for Irish independence. I know it's used as a catholic slur, but it isn't a very good one (bead-rattler was always my favourite tbh) and I think the "offense" is taken with too much alacrity.

Also, as someone who has been deeply involved not just in his own parish, but in the wider Scottish community, I've never heard anyone describe anyone of the Protestant faith as a h*n. Never. Proddies, absolutely, but never h*n. That wouldn't have made any sense. H*ns were always Rangers supporters (because of their behaviour and general bellicosity rather than any ideological conflict). Example. My school pal Katy regularly attended mass with her mum on Sunday, and every second Saturday would head to Ibrox with her Dad. Katy was a Tim, a bead-rattler, a kafflik. Katy was also a h*n b*****d, and sensibly kept this side of her hidden until about 6th year.  

Happy to help.

Peace be with you all

WTaF??!? A grown up on The Rangers thread? Strange times indeed!