Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

Well aware of the agreement as it often gets brought up when mentioning Tav for Scotland. I’m sure if the Scottish FA wanted to make it happen they could. They went all out to get Andrew Driver in the squad. Not that he ever played in the end 😂

Driver came under the education clause ( 5 years schooling)

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Turns out the SFA charge brought against Gerrard has been chucked out as not proved. I said that at the time it would be hard to prove what he meant, yet the SFA decided they wanted to waste everyone’s time. 

Can only assume that Clare Whyte was short of hours on her timesheet that week.

We've all been there tbf.

Edited by G51

On 09/10/2020 at 14:19, bennett said:

Surprised that this hasn't been covered by our green and grey friends. 

What is this ‘green and grey’ stuff you and the drunk bigot keep mentioning btw? Is it a social media thing Im out of the loop of?

Edited by gannonball

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

What is this ‘green and grey’ stuff you and the drunk bigot keep mentioning btw? Is it a social media thing Im out of the loop of?

Aye, it’s a bit of a harmless joke that implies Celtic fans never have their tops off to be able to wash them so the white fades to grey.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, it’s a bit of a harmless joke that implies Celtic fans never have their tops off to be able to wash them so the white fades to grey.

Thought it might be something of that ilk. Not that Im one to judge but is Bennet not the guy who used to live in a bedsit? Strange to be dishing out that sort of retort if so.

On 09/10/2020 at 23:34, AJF said:

Some interesting stats regarding Beaton for the conspiracy theorists out there

Too many variables that could affect these numbers, given the small number of games involved (I mean fewer than a hundred).

With that caveat, and looking at the win percentages only, Rangers are down from their overall average of 59%, and Celtic are down from their 77%. That's a 3% reduction and an 8% reduction, respectively, based on those respective overall averages.

I would be very cautious about asserting that Beaton has more than twice the negative effect on Celtic's win percentage as he does on Rangers's: the data simply isn't robust enough; and even with enough "good" data, there's the possibility that he's considered a more senior referee and is allocated games that these teams are less likely to win.

(That's all just to illustrate that basing conclusions on any such data is not justified.)

11 minutes ago, sugna said:

Too many variables that could affect these numbers, given the small number of games involved (I mean fewer than a hundred).

With that caveat, and looking at the win percentages only, Rangers are down from their overall average of 59%, and Celtic are down from their 77%. That's a 3% reduction and an 8% reduction, respectively, based on those respective overall averages.

I would be very cautious about asserting that Beaton has more than twice the negative effect on Celtic's win percentage as he does on Rangers's: the data simply isn't robust enough; and even with enough "good" data, there's the possibility that he's considered a more senior referee and is allocated games that these teams are less likely to win.

(That's all just to illustrate that basing conclusions on any such data is not justified.)

I agree that stats alone cannot paint a definitive picture, but it does help highlight that fans like to see what they want to see.

Which is no surprise to anyone, really.

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Thought it might be something of that ilk. Not that Im one to judge but is Bennet not the guy who used to live in a bedsit? Strange to be dishing out that sort of retort if so.

I'm sorry, what would living in a bedsit have to do with not washing your clothes? 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm sorry, what would living in a bedsit have to do with not washing your clothes? 

I would Imagine being forced to live in a bedsit would mean you might not have a great deal of valuables /clothes or lack of facilities to wash them. TBH some Celtic fans dish out the ‘soap’ type retorts regarding the **** and its primary school patter really.

Edited by gannonball

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would Imagine being forced to live in a bedsit would mean you might not have a great deal of valuables /clothes or lack of facilities to wash them. 

Seems strange you'd lead with "I'm not one to judge" and then go on to calling everyone who lives in a bedsit a tinker who has nothing to their name and doesn't wash, tbh. 

l

44 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would Imagine being forced to live in a bedsit would mean you might not have a great deal of valuables /clothes or lack of facilities to wash them. TBH some Celtic fans dish out the ‘soap’ type retorts regarding the **** and its primary school patter really.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Seems strange you'd lead with "I'm not one to judge" and then go on to calling everyone who lives in a bedsit a tinker who has nothing to their name and doesn't wash, tbh. 

Yeah, because thats what I said. Im guessing I have hit a nerve but you are putting words in my mouth.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agree - that’s probably the most snobby and judgmental post I’ve read in my life.

Is this the first post you have read on PnB?

Edited by gannonball

I think you should edit that post to remove the offensive language.

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah, because thats what I said. Im guessing I have hit a nerve but you are putting words in my mouth.

Why would you have hit a nerve? You asked what 'green and greys' meant then automatically went "but Bennett used to live in a bedsit so it's a bit rich seeing as that type have no belongings or the ability to wash their clothes!!". It's a pretty abhorrent statement so I pulled you up on it. 

31 minutes ago, Romeo said:
56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I think you should edit that post to remove the offensive language.

I'm paraphrasing. If Gannonball would like to explain what he meant by his comment, I'll more than happily edit my post to reflect exactly what he was meaning by his reply to the topic. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why would you have hit a nerve? You asked what 'green and greys' meant then automatically went "but Bennett used to live in a bedsit so it's a bit rich seeing as that type have no belongings or the ability to wash their clothes!!". It's a pretty abhorrent statement so I pulled you up on it. 

I'm paraphrasing. If Gannonball would like to explain what he meant by his comment, I'll more than happily edit my post to reflect exactly what he was exactly meaning by his reply to the topic. 

You have had a nightmare here Alli, you claimed I canvassed an entire group (my quotes show I didn't really) then you decide to pull an ethnic slur out the bag. A bit like Bennet, its a bit rich pulling anyone up now. Its time you slither away.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You have had a nightmare here Alli, you claimed I canvassed an entire group (my quotes show I didn't really) then you decide to pull an ethnic slur out the bag. A bit like Bennet, its a bit rich pulling anyone up now. Its time you slither away.

You can try and turn it around all you like, Gannonball. It's clear to see exactly what you were implying. Having Romeo chug you doesn't change that fact. 

Remember, you're "not one to judge".