Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

https://rng.rs/3itlW2E

This is interesting. It looks like Rangers have bought the SPFL TV rights for India, then sold them on to Star Sports. They’ll show every Rangers match plus 15 other Premiership games in India.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a member club buy an international rights package off its own league before.

TalkSport seems to have hit on a fairly successful way of boosting social media interactions and listeners calling in.

"Figures are a bit low this month, drop in a comment about Rangers and Celtic being smaller than *looks at bottom half of EPL*.....let's say Fulham this month" 

TalkSport seems to have hit on a fairly successful way of boosting social media interactions and listeners calling in.
"Figures are a bit low this month, drop in a comment about Rangers and Celtic being smaller than *looks at bottom half of EPL*.....let's say Fulham this month" 
I have no idea why people listen to that shite or believe it.

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:
16 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I have no idea why people listen to that shite or believe it.

Taxi drivers need something to do between masturbating in Aldi car parks. 

Seems we are about to "beat" Bayern Munich and Man City to the signing of Kai Kennedy (on loan). From what I've read he's shone for you guys in youth tournaments but hasn't really broken into the first team. A contract dispute seemed to be resulting in him heading for the exit door next summer. Anyone seen the lad play?

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Seems we are about to "beat" Bayern Munich and Man City to the signing of Kai Kennedy (on loan). From what I've read he's shone for you guys in youth tournaments but hasn't really broken into the first team. A contract dispute seemed to be resulting in him heading for the exit door next summer. Anyone seen the lad play?

Only in youth tournaments and U18 games.  He's a very tidy player and technically excellent.  Good dead ball player too.  He will improve you.

Edited by The_Kincardine

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Only in youth tournaments and U18 games.  He's a very tidy player and technically excellent.  Good dead ball player too.  He will improve you.

Good stuff cheers. Just seen a wee highlight reel and a lovely turn he performed in the CC in February taking out Vincent and Trafford. Hope the rumours are true. Would be great to have a real flair player in the side again.

21 hours ago, RiG said:

His contract dispute is related to his pathway - he doesn't see a way into the first team at Rangers, so he wants to go out and play first team games. Which is a good thing, to be fair to him.

In terms of the player profile, @The_Kincardine has covered it pretty well. Technically brilliant, dribbling in particular is a strength. However he needs a lot of physical development - he's tiny, and needs to be beefed up a lot before he's ready to consistently contribute to a team.

If ICT can keep feeding him red pudding suppers, he'll be very good.

So Zungu’s club were asking for £4m and now they are apparently set to allow him to join Rangers on loan and sign a permanent contract in January in order to join on a free transfer next summer?

I have my doubts this is actually true as that is woeful business sense from Amiens.

And if Twitter is to be believed there will be not one but two signings today. 

Interesting times. 

17 minutes ago, thepundit said:

So Zungu’s club were asking for £4m and now they are apparently set to allow him to join Rangers on loan and sign a permanent contract in January in order to join on a free transfer next summer?

I have my doubts this is actually true as that is woeful business sense from Amiens.

Interesting times. 

Amiens overplayed their hand here. Could have had a fee for him but will lose him for a small loan fee instead (presumably).

By the time Paul Joyce is running with it, you'd have to think it's pretty concrete. He'll be getting that from Gerrard.

4 hours ago, thepundit said:

Interesting times. 

Do you or anyone know if Zunga is actually any good>

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Do you or anyone know if Zunga is actually any good>

No idea 😂

Can only go by YouTube scouting and he appears to have a similar style to Davis in that he has decent technical ability, sits deep in midfield and pings long balls to the forwards.