Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Mate, you are posting in a Rangers thread.  Have you read any statements from the club?  This is the last place you should be frequenting if it's "fax" you are needing.🤥

Steady now, Strychnine.  The two 'fax' we know from the past week are that the SPFL misled member clubs over advancing funds before the season is declared over and that the SPFL rigged a ballot.  That Rangers took issue with that is to our credit and we're clearly the good guys.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Steady now, Strychnine.  The two 'fax' we know from the past week are that the SPFL misled member clubs over advancing funds before the season is declared over and that the SPFL rigged a ballot.  That Rangers took issue with that is to our credit and we're clearly the good guys.

Neither of these "fax" are yet established.  The one thing we do know for a fax is that Rangers are never, ever, ever "good guys".

Just now, strichener said:

Neither of these "fax" are yet established.  The one thing we do know for a fax is that Rangers are never, ever, ever "good guys".

Eh?  If you release the standings in a ballot before it has reached its end point then you're manipulating it.  That, in itself, is enough for the whole thing to be declared invalid.

Given that you're a stickler for procedure I am astonished that you're so cavalier.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  If you release the standings in a ballot before it has reached its end point then you're manipulating it.  That, in itself, is enough for the whole thing to be declared invalid.

Given that you're a stickler for procedure I am astonished that you're so cavalier.

Are there rules in place that prevent the release of the current voting position?  Which procedure has not been followed?

That Dundee are acting all sevco about it (lacking integrity) doesn't make Rangers Good Guys for calling on the CEO to resign when they had a board member involved in the initial process.  Let's stick to the fax here.

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Assuming Dundee do the decent thing and the proposal fails quickly, I wonder whether the SPFL would agree to a loan to Rangers.

• Would the money for the loan have to come out of the prize pot?  I understood that's all the SPFL have in the bank - they don't carry any substantial capital. 
  • Who would decide whether Rangers are eligible for the loan?  Would all 42 clubs have to vote on it?
  • I assume the loan wouldn't be for any more than Rangers would receive for finishing 2nd or 3rd, roughly a million.  Will that be enough when the accounts and King confirm at least £10M is needed?

I'm just not sure what Rangers' short-term game is.

23 minutes ago, strichener said:

Are there rules in place that prevent the release of the current voting position?  Which procedure has not been followed?

That Dundee are acting all sevco about it (lacking integrity) doesn't make Rangers Good Guys for calling on the CEO to resign when they had a board member involved in the initial process.  Let's stick to the fax here.

Celtic fans are parroting this irrelevance all over social media, it's all Stewart Robinson's fault apparently. 

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

Assuming Dundee do the decent thing and the proposal fails quickly, I wonder whether the SPFL would agree to a loan to Rangers.

• Would the money for the loan have to come out of the prize pot?  I understood that's all the SPFL have in the bank - they don't carry any substantial capital. 
  • Who would decide whether Rangers are eligible for the loan?  Would all 42 clubs have to vote on it?
  • I assume the loan wouldn't be for any more than Rangers would receive for finishing 2nd or 3rd, roughly a million.  Will that be enough when the accounts and King confirm at least £10M is needed?

I see the SPFL loan option as something that was set up to help an individual club in serious financial trouble.  Not to suddenly finance an entire league programme.  Paying out end of season fees due is one thing - putting the SPFL in hock for an entire league through loan deals? Not a hope. As you say, with Sevco pissing money just what exactly would £1m make to them.

There is not a hope in hell the SPFL will put in place a loan scheme for the entire league.  You wonder if Ibrox knows this and it is all just the usual grandstanding statement shite they cant help themselves with. 

45 minutes ago, strichener said:

This is one case where there doesn't need to be rules.  Basic decency says that you wait until the timescale for the ballot is concluded or (possibly) that all the votes are cast before you release the results.

26 minutes ago, The DA said:

Well the 'real' short-term game is to mark time in the hope that UEFA says that the season can be voided with no consequences for places in next season's UEFA competitions and with no need to declare anyone champions.  I may word it differently in other circumstances...

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Celtic fans are parroting this irrelevance all over social media, it's all Stewart Robinson's fault apparently. 

Irrelevant in what way?  Did he not attend?Did he vote against the proposal being put to clubs?  Or perhaps instead of irrelevant you actually meant inconvenient.

59 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is one case where there doesn't need to be rules.  Basic decency says that you wait until the timescale for the ballot is concluded or (possibly) that all the votes are cast before you release the results.

Well the 'real' short-term game is to mark time in the hope that UEFA says that the season can be voided with no consequences for places in next season's UEFA competitions and with no need to declare anyone champions.  I may word it differently in other circumstances...

So no procedures you know of have been broken?  Shocked that a Rangers fan thinks the only time process are relevant is when they apply to anyone but themselves.

27 minutes ago, strichener said:

So no procedures you know of have been broken?  Shocked that a Rangers fan thinks the only time process are relevant is when they apply to anyone but themselves.

You are just being silly now.  Releasing the status of the ballot whilst it was in progress was wrong.

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are just being silly now.  Releasing the status of the ballot whilst it was in progress was wrong.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:
17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not paying your taxes is wrong.

He’s right. 

You need to get some new material. It’s been and done. It’s a long way past tired. 

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:
21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not paying your taxes is wrong.

Being a Rangers or Celtic fan is wrong, same team different colours. In a time when even politicians are pulling together these 2 are still trying to point score.

Vermin the 2 of them.

41 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No what is silly is stating that I am a stickler for procedure and then failing to show what procedures weren't adhered to.  Doubling down with this insinuation that it was just "wrong" does you no favours. 

Can you provide any evidence that procedures were not adhered to?

To be clear here, I don't think it shows the SPFL in a good light but no-one has suggested that the release of the votes is in any way ultra vires.

41 minutes ago, strichener said:

No what is silly is stating that I am a stickler for procedure and then failing to show what procedures weren't adhered to.  Doubling down with this insinuation that it was just "wrong" does you no favours. 

Can you provide any evidence that procedures were not adhered to?

To be clear here, I don't think it shows the SPFL in a good light but no-one has suggested that the release of the votes is in any way ultra vires.

My position was abundantly clear.  The SPFL manipulated the ballot.  At least that's something we can both agree on.