Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

That Rangers team that had the run in the UEFA cup was decent tbh. A fair number played or went onto play in the EPL or other high levels.

One notable exception perhaps that Smith did not trust to play the lone striker role

2 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Do the people who write these articles do so whilst pissing themselves laughing?

I'm fairly convinced journalists have a wee sweepie to see what the most ridiculous story they can put out is, the winner is the one who gets the most **** believing it.

Considering they seemed to, en masse, believe Morelos was getting £30m bids from Chinese teams (from a team who couldn't sign anymore foreigners that window, nor spend more than a few million, due to league rules), and Juventus are planning a bid for Glen Kamara, then I fully suspect this'll be brought up a lot by Rangers fans in future.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly convinced journalists have a wee sweepie to see what the most ridiculous story they can put out is, the winner is the one who gets the most **** believing it.

Considering they seemed to, en masse, believe Morelos was getting £30m bids from Chinese teams (from a team who couldn't sign anymore foreigners that window, nor spend more than a few million, due to league rules), and Juventus are planning a bid for Glen Kamara, then I fully suspect this'll be brought up a lot by Rangers fans in future.

the most mental part to it is that it's pretty public knowledge how much money they've haemorrhaged over the last few years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50270159

anyone giving a take-it-or-leave-it up front bid of a few million £ (edit: and no danger of any fee being >£10M, ever) for literally any of their players would be getting accepted, no doubt about it.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

7 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

the most mental part to it is that it's pretty public knowledge how much money they've haemorrhaged over the last few years

Nah.  The most mental part is that utter diddies have been posting the exact same bollocks on Rangers threads for the past 8-10 years and nothing has changed.

If I could be arsed I could go on to a Thistle thread and take issue with your management, organisation and funding and, if I did so, I'd be hunted and rightly so.

So why are you, as a super-diddy, so fascinated with Rangers?

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

To be fair I would say Barisic may well be their most valuable asset at the moment, and I think he’s an excellent player, but he’s absolutely no where near a £22 million player. 

47 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah.  The most mental part is that utter diddies have been posting the exact same bollocks on Rangers threads for the past 8-10 years and nothing has changed.

If I could be arsed I could go on to a Thistle thread and take issue with your management, organisation and funding and, if I did so, I'd be hunted and rightly so.

So why are you, as a super-diddy, so fascinated with Rangers?

I thought that I was the super-diddy. I’m offended.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that I was the super-diddy. I’m offended.

I don't post on here every day so it's hard to keep up with all nominations.

Scrolling back, you were, "chief diddy of the day." but that has a 24 hr lifespan.

But happy to see you admitting yourself to the 'diddy' class.  The only thing I have to do is work out who is diddiest...

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I don't post on here every day so it's hard to keep up with all nominations.

Scrolling back, you were, "chief diddy of the day." but that has a 24 hr lifespan.

But happy to see you admitting yourself to the 'diddy' class.  The only thing I have to do is work out who is diddiest...

I would say anyone called “David Hamilton”. (One for the older posters)

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Right, so people who were posting about Rangers haemhorraging money ten years ago, in March 2010, have seen nothing change?

Really?