Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

It is not often that I don't understand exactly what K is trying to say but, in this instance, I am utterly baffled. I would imagine he intends to insult but it's missed me.
He's pretty much just said that his own kids will be bigots because he's a bigot.

Spanner.

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Don't think Falkirk will need to worry about it any time soon.

Might've known Broadfoot had something to do with it.

I’m not worried from the point of view as a Falkirk fan I just don’t think over a long period it’s healthy mate.

As a Celtic fan you’ll enjoy it just now but you’ll eventually find it boring especially if  you’s are not qualifying for CL Group stages regularly.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not worried from the point of view as a Falkirk fan I just don’t think over a long period it’s healthy mate.

As a Celtic fan you’ll enjoy it just now but you’ll eventually find it boring especially if  you’s are not qualifying for CL Group stages regularly.

Too easy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What do you think they tried this Summer?

If you include clauses that are reported to be getting paid in installments, their net transfer spend under Gerrard tickles £22m.

They lose £10m a season and are predicted to increase that by 50% by the end of this season.

I'm sure that random guy can detail this £22m, with linked proof ofcourse...

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sevco won’t be able to challenge Celtic so we really need a Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc to step up and challenge which won’t be easy.

The way it’s going, never mind 10 iar, I can see Celtic getting 20 iar and no matter what anyone thinks, that’s not healthy for our game which is already utterly dominated by one team.

I can’t see Celtic’s dominance ending any time soon either.

I think that scenario might represent the best hope of some sort of meaningful reform to the top level of Scottish football.

The longer the Hvns go without winning the league the better. But more than that, the longer they go starting each new season with less and less genuine hope (let alone belief) of mounting any serious challenge to their ugly sister the more likely the Hvns and their cheerleaders in the media will demand that serious changes are made to the whole structure of the game here. 

2 minutes ago, A96 said:

I think that scenario might represent the best hope of some sort of meaningful reform to the top level of Scottish football.

The longer the Hvns go without winning the league the better. But more than that, the longer they go starting each new season with less and less genuine hope (let alone belief) of mounting any serious challenge to their ugly sister the more likely the Hvns and their cheerleaders in the media will demand that serious changes are made to the whole structure of the game here. 

Serious changes could've been made to the game but Aberdeen backed their green n grey pals. 

Personally I'd love us to propose changes to the voting structure but Scottish fitba fans would probably not back it.

It is not often that I don't understand exactly what K is trying to say but, in this instance, I am utterly baffled. I would imagine he intends to insult but it's missed me.
ETA : Slow tonight. Got K now. In mitigation, I try not to take an ad hominem approach to discussion, so maybe that explains it.
Unnecessarily insulting, nonetheless.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Serious changes could've been made to the game but Aberdeen backed their green n grey pals. 

Personally I'd love us to propose changes to the voting structure but Scottish fitba fans would probably not back it.

What changes would you propose your club/company suggest ???   For years, both Fran n Anna held full sway over the running of Scottish football by having the voting system manufactured to suit their elevated positions and ability to vote down any "diddy" proposal that didn't suit their own greedy agendas.

Strange that now, when the the rangers are suffering the ignominy of being no longer a credible member of the duopoly, that these changes (whatever they are) are called for.

What is required from a the the rangers point of view ??

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm not a fan of Traynor but this is atrocious.  What the f**k goes on in the minds of these people?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5285289/rangers-jim-traynor-battered-sectarian-attack/

Not surprising to be honest.  @pozbaird was having a meltdown in Costa Coffee, Cumbernauld, earlier in the day. The signs were all there.  I tried to calm him down, seeing Traynor must have set him off again. 

This isn’t even coming from the position of a die hard Celtic fan because I’m not (I was more a Celtic fan when I joined years ago, I would change the name if I could), but I am so so so so so grateful/glad/ecstatic that I have got to live through the most hilarious and embarrassing times that the club called Rangers and their fans has ever experienced.

I actually feel sad for fans of smaller teams who are being born right now, who are going to hear these stories second hand, and not feel the true joy that the majority of us are feeling almost exclusively since Valentine’s Day 2012. I have a lot of Rangers supporting friends and until the day they die they will never have a comeback to anything. The absolute hilarity I’ve got to experience over these years is genuinely unbelievable, and the best part is that new and hilarious material is still being produced to this day. I’ve got to the stage where I don’t even mind when they win and they are in full gloating mode, because it’s an absolute NAP that just round the corner is another hilarious defeat/statement/youtube video/liquidation/court case. 

This goes for Celtic fans and Rangers fans, but there is something quite sad watching 4 or 5 thousand fans come and take over a teams stadium, play against a team that has about 5% of their budget,  go absolutely bananas when they go 1-0 up, and act like tickets around the stadium because they believe that supporting a big team that wins a lot gives them some sort of superiority over fans who support smaller teams, especially when you know they are jumping back on their supporters bus to go back to their shithole flat in some manky scheme. Watching Kilmarnock come back from 1-0 down the other night and at the same time watching the Rangers fans who thought they were turning up for a gloating session was excellent. 

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm not a fan of Traynor but this is atrocious.  What the f**k goes on in the minds of these people?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5285289/rangers-jim-traynor-battered-sectarian-attack/

Aye, it's a pure shame 😂

ETA: It'll have been some jakey calling him a fat c**t. A not unreasonable point of view. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Aye, it's a pure shame 😂

ETA: It'll have been some jakey calling him a fat c**t. A not unreasonable point of view. 

Someone called him a ***, from halfway down the street.

The media know that they just have to package every story with a major headline and you'll get seething **** reading it/spreading it and you'll get thousands of clicks on your site. Traynor knows that giving Rangers fans some conspiracy to believe in deflects from the fact they still need to raise millions to make the end of the season, and the fact the leagues now over.