Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think I said that if you're 12 you are responsible AND your parents have egg on their face.

Of course it's embarrassing for family, and nobody would pretend that it reflects positively.

You went a good deal further than implied above though.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course it's embarrassing for family, and nobody would pretend that it reflects positively.

You went a good deal further than implied above though.

Not really.  If my 12 yo went to a football game and called someone a black b*****d I would deserve a public boot in the baws.  You are a nicer bloke than me and you would be humiliated.  It wouldn't happen, though, as you know how to raise your weans.

Not really.  If my 12 yo went to a football game and called someone a black b*****d I would deserve a public boot in the baws.  You are a nicer bloke than me and you would be humiliated.  It wouldn't happen, though, as you know how to raise your weans.

I like to think I do, but as has already been pointed out to you, it's wildly simplistic and arrogant to assume they'd therefore be incapable of behaving in ways I'd disapprove of.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I like to think I do, but as has already been pointed out to you, it's wildly simplistic and arrogant to assume they'd therefore be incapable of behaving in ways I'd disapprove of.

Except it isn't.  To a high degree of reliability your weans behave in the way that you have brought them up to behave.  I cannot believe that you're contending this.

Except it isn't.  To a high degree of reliability your weans behave in the way that you have brought them up to behave.  I cannot believe that you're contending this.

Can't you?

That's maybe due to that aforementioned wildly simplistic outlook.

Could be worse. Were s/he living in England ( from your posts, I suspect s/he is ) and two years younger, s/he could still be held criminally responsible. While, in comparison with most of our civilized European neighbours, we have a long way to go in Scotland in our approach to young people and anti-social behaviour, at least most of our weans are at secondary school before we slap them in irons and ship them off to the colonies.

8 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:
26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Could be worse. Were s/he living in England ( from your posts, I suspect s/he is ) and two years younger, s/he could still be held criminally responsible. While, in comparison with most of our civilized European neighbours, we have a long way to go in Scotland in our approach to young people and anti-social behaviour, at least most of our weans are at secondary school before we slap them in irons and ship them off to the colonies.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Parental attitude is obviously a big factor,  but there are others.

That's the discussion gubbed.  The idiot SPR and the Sellick half wit have chipped in.

See you.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Unfortunately I think you are right mate. I’m just thinking we could end up with a league that it’s only possible for one team to win which means it’s not a competition.

Its looking grim mate.

Don't think Falkirk will need to worry about it any time soon.

48 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think I said that if you're 12 you are responsible AND your parents have egg on their face.

Might've known Broadfoot had something to do with it.