Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

46 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd say Ojo is better than Kent - so far.

He's been impressive so far but I still think Kent would offer more to the team. I'd be trying to sign a left back before Kent though.

The Daily Record article is purely speculative however, and hardly an "exclusive". 

The only new info they are adding is that the player may down tools to force through a move to Ibrox. I find it very hard to believe Kent thinks Rangers would want him to use this strategy. If anything that would make the chances of him signing for Rangers even slimmer as Gerrard wouldn't want this to negatively affect his rep at Liverpool or with their fans. (or ruin the chances of signing players on loan from them)

9 hours ago, thepundit said:

He's been impressive so far but I still think Kent would offer more to the team. I'd be trying to sign a left back before Kent though.

The Daily Record article is purely speculative however, and hardly an "exclusive". 

The only new info they are adding is that the player may down tools to force through a move to Ibrox. I find it very hard to believe Kent thinks Rangers would want him to use this strategy. If anything that would make the chances of him signing for Rangers even slimmer as Gerrard wouldn't want this to negatively affect his rep at Liverpool or with their fans. (or ruin the chances of signing players on loan from them)

Ojo will score a lot more goals than Kent did but in games where we will be counter attacking more Kent would be very useful. Jones is a similar style of player but a step down in quality despite his good start. 

I'm with you that left-back comes first for me and I'm not too bothered about getting Kent on loan only. Loan to buy though would be brilliant but I'll believe it when I see it.

12 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Ojo will score a lot more goals than Kent did but in games where we will be counter attacking more Kent would be very useful. Jones is a similar style of player but a step down in quality despite his good start. 

I'm with you that left-back comes first for me and I'm not too bothered about getting Kent on loan only. Loan to buy though would be brilliant but I'll believe it when I see it.

Agreed. 4Lads reported on Monday that Rangers were working on a loan to buy deal. But if Liverpool want £10m is it really worth spending anywhere close to that for a player who would be a slight improvement on Jones and Ojo?

I'm happy enough with the squad we have so like yourself wouldn't be too bothered if Kent didn't sign. Apart from that left back position.  That's a real concern. Gerrard must realise that though if everyone else does. I'm sure the club will bring someone in before the window closes.

35 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Agreed. 4Lads reported on Monday that Rangers were working on a loan to buy deal. But if Liverpool want £10m is it really worth spending anywhere close to that for a player who would be a slight improvement on Jones and Ojo?

I'm happy enough with the squad we have so like yourself wouldn't be too bothered if Kent didn't sign. Apart from that left back position.  That's a real concern. Gerrard must realise that though if everyone else does. I'm sure the club will bring someone in before the window closes.

Explain to me again how the club, with absolutely no connection to the company where I assume the money sits, can bring players in?

Or did you mean to say the company will bring someone in?

54 minutes ago, thepundit said:

£10m is far too much but I don't think it would necessarily be that high. Something closer to £5m would be a great option imo as having 23 year old Kent as our player next summer would be a great asset to the club for years to come.

I'm with you that a left-back is what I'm desperate for but I think we will have to wait until this time next year for that to be sorted.

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

£10m is far too much but I don't think it would necessarily be that high. Something closer to £5m would be a great option imo as having 23 year old Kent as our player next summer would be a great asset to the club for years to come.

I'm with you that a left-back is what I'm desperate for but I think we will have to wait until this time next year for that to be sorted.

£5m would be ideal and I think that's about as high as Rangers could/would go. Time will tell on that one.

You might just be right about the left back position. It may all depend on if a bid comes in for Barisic. He's a good player but maybe a bit too lightweight for this division. 

A good move for him.

ST JOHNSTONE want to hand Jason Holt a route out of Rangers.

McDiarmid Park boss Tommy Wright is keen to tie up the 26-year-old midfielder on loan for the season

51 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Sevco lads talking about £10million singings..

Belter.

If we want to win the league we’re going to need good singers. 

Are we really going to compete if not one player can carry a tune?

Anyhoo, the rumour mill seems to be in overdrive right now regarding Lenny. What’s all this about Broony apparently being dropped for the Dunfermline game and fined a weeks salary? And is it true quite a few players have turned on him and despise his coaching methods?

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

A good move for him.

ST JOHNSTONE want to hand Jason Holt a route out of Rangers.

McDiarmid Park boss Tommy Wright is keen to tie up the 26-year-old midfielder on loan for the season

Hope the move goes through as the Saints have been struggling to get deals over the line recently. A good guy that gave his all and that would be a good move for him.