Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Generally ok.  Bit of a problem at LB but we've scored 30 goals in nine competitive matches so far.  Hard to see how we could have done better.

Staying alive would’ve been a good start.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

KT will be hard to replace no doubt but since the left back we bought is still better than the two you have I don't see it as a problem.

We haven't signed a left back. Yet, that is. Whereas you's have gone out and signed a £3m player who apparently isn't a better defender than Callum McGregor. My guess is Lenny picks the team but doesn't pick the signings, hence expensive players not even getting a game.

Anyhoo, there's another 10 players in the team so I'm not sure why you're only focusing on the left back position. Nor am I sure why you're comparing the left back to just Rangers' left back. Us having a shitey defender won't do you much good when you're away at Aberdeen or Tynecastle for example.

I believe we have the momentum, the better team and that the championship is on its way to Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

We haven't signed a left back. Yet, that is. Whereas you's have gone out and signed a £3m player who apparently isn't a better defender than Callum McGregor. My guess is Lenny picks the team but doesn't pick the signings, hence expensive players not even getting a game.

Anyhoo, there's another 10 players in the team so I'm not sure why you're only focusing on the left back position. Nor am I sure why you're comparing the left back to just Rangers' left back. Us having a shitey defender won't do you much good when you're away at Aberdeen or Tynecastle for example.

I believe we have the momentum, the better team and that the championship is on its way to Ibrox.

To be fair did Gerrard not buy a LB last season and then decide Andy Halliday was a better option.

7 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I'm sure you mean't the premiership I don't see rangers getting relegated.
It's good to see a rangers fan mentioning the other teams in the league most just right them off.
For me the benchmark is still Celtic but teams below Celtic have improved.
We had 5 teams within 6 points going into the winter break last season after the break it became a procession.

Good move for Josh McPake to go on loan to Dundee for the season.  Hope it works well for both clubs.

Apparently The Roi are looking to him for their U21 squad as he's available through the 'granny' rule so he has that as an option as well as Scotland.  

Imagine joining a country whose fans hate you, despise your club and boo you at every opportunity.  You can see why signing for Eire is attractive...

10 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

To be fair did Gerrard not buy a LB last season and then decide Andy Halliday was a better option.

Barasic is a strange one.  Looks to have absolutely everything it takes to be a quality LB, but seems to struggle to show it on the pitch consistently.  I'm not writing him off just yet, though.

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as I’d like to see a more competitive league and cups this season, I think Celtic will still win the treble. Rangers have more strength in depth this time around but it still won’t be enough 

Quite possibly.

At the start of the season you do have to look for early signs and in no way would we have shipped 4 goals at home to Cluj.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Quite possibly.

At the start of the season you do have to look for early signs and in no way would we have shipped 4 goals at home to Cluj.

That could have been the worst thing to happen from your perspective. Shows how poor they can be defensively and will have forced them to look at that issue. Wouldn’t be suprised if they get the lad Taylor from Killie in. Will be interesting to see what happens in the Old Firm game in a few weeks 

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That could have been the worst thing to happen from your perspective. Shows how poor they can be defensively and will have forced them to look at that issue. Wouldn’t be suprised if they get the lad Taylor from Killie in. Will be interesting to see what happens in the Old Firm game in a few weeks 

Yes.  That's the worry.  They have a massive problem but also the money to throw at it.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That could have been the worst thing to happen from your perspective. Shows how poor they can be defensively and will have forced them to look at that issue. Wouldn’t be suprised if they get the lad Taylor from Killie in. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Yep. Greg Taylor will suddenly sort out Celtic's defensive frailties. 

The boy wouldn't even get ahead of Bolingoli-Mbombo on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Yep. Greg Taylor will suddenly sort out Celtic's defensive frailties. 

The boy wouldn't even get ahead of Bolingoli-Mbombo on the bench. 

Yes he would. 

EDIT- Probably should've clarified, he would get ahead of Boli. Obviously wouldn't sort their defensive issues on his own.

Edited by Ocular Patdown Required

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Kent is up in Scotland right now apparently so possibly joining on loan?.....

His girlfriend is from here and still lives here. He's up a lot. I'll believe it if something concrete actually happens. 

It's not like we haven't signed Ojo, Jones, Barker, Stewart, etc. already!