Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

So you really can’t read much!

See other threads in this forum, Highland League, GN, etc.

But typical cun hunt can’t see beyond his own team’s thread 🤷🏻‍♂️

ETA: Obviously I’m really bored until I go back to work next week [emoji23]

Right mate calm down. No need to explain yourself to me[emoji6]

Enjoy your time off and enjoy the game tonight.

[emoji776]55

11 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

All it really boils down to is "please stop laughing at my club :( "

See also the Dundee and Falkirk threads.

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

£300k!!!

Will be on decent wages though, prob get hastie, Stewart and Jones on same money combined as he is on. Better than all 3 imo.

Hastie is a poor mans Burke and with Candyass and Kunt oot the picture they're looking a weaker team.
Jones is decent but like all winGERS inconsistent,Stewart's best days are gone.

7 hours ago, velo army said:

I'm surprised Candeias was allowed to leave you lot. A superb player imo who never seemed to lack for effort.

Did he just want away or did Gerrard, for some reason, just not click with him?

He's a good player who lacks consistency with his final ball.  Great work rate, but often found wanting against teams who sit in and try to stifle us.  Personally I would be happy for him to stay, but not as an automatic starter, but at 31, he's obviously not prepared to spend a large part of the season sitting on the bench.

Guest Moomintroll
Wee note to our big pals [mention=4520]Dindeleux[/mention]and [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention]  Despite tonight's win for Schadenfreude FC, The Big Ecumenial Hoose is always a safe haven for the mocked and the afflicted.
I don't think anywhere is a safe haven for us right know Kincy, f**k me that was embarrassing.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

He's a good player who lacks consistency with his final ball.  Great work rate, but often found wanting against teams who sit in and try to stifle us.  Personally I would be happy for him to stay, but not as an automatic starter, but at 31, he's obviously not prepared to spend a large part of the season sitting on the bench.

I think rangers have too many of these players,Arfield seems the only one getting a tune,Davis, Dorrans,Lafferty and Murphy are dead wood.
Also McGregor and Defoe maybe one good season left and for me Grezda,Holt and Dodoo are not good enough.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think rangers have too many of these players,Arfield seems the only one getting a tune,Davis, Dorrans,Lafferty and Murphy are dead wood.
Also McGregor and Defoe maybe one good season left and for me Grezda,Holt and Dodoo are not good enough.

Davis: Was excellent towards the end of the season and seems to have hit the ground running in pre season.
Dorrans: Was injured for almost the entirety of last season and will probably be let go
Lafferty: Will be allowed to leave
Murphy: See Dorrans
McGregor: I think can continue to play for a few more seasons
Defoe: Only contracted till the end of this season
Grezda: Shitebag
Holt and Dodoo: Spent last season on loan and won't play for us again

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Wasnt there some stats last season about how well Morelos did with Candeias versus much worse without him? Or did I imagine that.... I thought he was pretty underappreciated fwiw.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Wasnt there some stats last season about how well Morelos did with Candeias versus much worse without him? Or did I imagine that.... I thought he was pretty underappreciated fwiw.

Anytime I saw him playing on TV his work rate was excellent.

37 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Davis: Was excellent towards the end of the season and seems to have hit the ground running in pre season.
Dorrans: Was injured for almost the entirety of last season and will probably be let go
Lafferty: Will be allowed to leave
Murphy: See Dorrans
McGregor: I think can continue to play for a few more seasons
Defoe: Only contracted till the end of this season
Grezda: Shitebag
Holt and Dodoo: Spent last season on loan and won't play for us again

That's a fair assessment,Davis gives experience but not legs Jack,Kamara and Aribo have the legs plus jury still out on Docherty.
You can pick the bones out of any team maybe it's the short term outlook that gives me the doubts rangers can't compete over a full season. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's a fair assessment,Davis gives experience but not legs Jack,Kamara and Aribo have the legs plus jury still out on Docherty.
You can pick the bones out of any team maybe it's the short term outlook that gives me the doubts rangers can't compete over a full season. 

I have no doubt Wee Lennon will take Celtic backwards but also no doubt you will still win the league with a bit to spare.