Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

43 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

His work with Miles Davis and the Mahavishnu orchestra is well renowned but I reckon his flamenco fusion stuff with Al Di Meola and Paco De Lucia is where he really shines. Great hands

Previously of Shakti Donetsk?

16 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Don't get your hopes up 

Aye, as if making a baws of a post has ever stopped anyone.  Something you're familiar with.

Anyway, apparently 30 years to the day since a future Dundee and Rangers player knocked Brazil out of Italia 90:

1974 and 1978 were very frustrating tournaments for Scotland but my take is that 1990 was about the most frustrating.  We had a terrific squad but, in true style, we fucked it up vs Costa Rica:

Memories of Italia 90 anyone?

Serious question for older fans in here. I’ve just watched a  few YouTube Pathé News videos of cup finals from the 50’s and Rangers are referred to as “Ibrox” on loads of occasions by the voice over guy. He did speak BBC English from that period and not sure if he just had no idea who he was commentating on, although he did also call Aberdeen “The Dons” loads of time, so he obviously had some knowledge. So were Rangers ever known as “Ibrox” in these good old days?

Edited by kingjoey

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Serious question for older fans in here. I’ve just watched a  few YouTube Pathé News videos of cup finals from the 50’s and Rangers are referred to as “Ibrox” on loads of occasions by the voice over guy. He did speak BBC English from that period and not sure if he just had no idea who he was commentating on, although he did also call Aberdeen “The Dons” loads of time, so he obviously had some knowledge. So were Rangers ever known as “Ibrox” in these good old days?

I look at a lot of old newspaper match reports and stuff like that when I'm researching old results, and I have never seen them described as "Ibrox".

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, as if making a baws of a post has ever stopped anyone.  Something you're familiar with.

Anyway, apparently 30 years to the day since a future Dundee and Rangers player knocked Brazil out of Italia 90:

1974 and 1978 were very frustrating tournaments for Scotland but my take is that 1990 was about the most frustrating.  We had a terrific squad but, in true style, we fucked it up vs Costa Rica:

Memories of Italia 90 anyone?

There was a good documentary on Channel 4 recently about Maradona's time playing for Napoli.  1990 is the first world cup I remember, so I wasn't really aware of how his comments around how Napoli fans should support Argentina versus Italy destroyed his career with them (obviously not the only factor though!).     

Signed a young lad from Ross Country. 

📝
@RFC_Youth are delighted to announce the signing of James Graham from Ross County. While there was interest from a number of top English clubs, the 16 year-old striker has opted to choose Rangers as the place to continue his footballing development