Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

38 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Hi Bennett, nice of you to engage with me again, since I exposed you a a liar yesterday.

Enjoy the sun today?

You really need to steady yourself, young man.  On a thread full of roasters, indigents and ignoramuses you're becoming a bit of a feature.

1 hour ago, Public menace said:

Hi Bennett, nice of you to engage with me again, since I exposed you a a liar yesterday.

Enjoy the sun today?

Who was it?

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Looks like Hagi Junior will be happily walking down the Copland Road when we get back to playing soccer:

I've not kept up with other clubs' furlough arrangements, Kincy.  Did Rangers furlough any of their staff or team?

"Fee believed to be over £3m"

Rangers must be loaded!

"Rangers intend to pay £3m in installments, over the course of 3 seasons"

:lol:

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Fee believed to be over £3m"

Rangers must be loaded!

"Rangers intend to pay £3m in installments, over the course of 3 seasons"

:lol:

£3m just some loose change to random guy. 

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't know a lot of the details but Rangers pushing on with a multi million £ transfer during the current situation, whilst players are taking cuts/deferrals seems particularly crass.

It does. There may have been something written into the original loan deal stating the deal had to be done at this time or the door opens to other buyers, but as you say if they've got employees taking cuts to safeguard jobs then they agree to hand over £3m - that's a pretty shitty look. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It does. There may have been something written into the original loan deal stating the deal had to be done at this time or the door opens to other buyers, but as you say if they've got employees taking cuts to safeguard jobs then they agree to hand over £3m - that's a pretty shitty look. 

That was the reason for my question to Kincy.  The EPL made noises about banning transfers by any clubs using the furlough scheme - 'we can't afford to pay wages for our existing staff, but we'll just spend a lot of money (that we told you we don't have) to bring in another salary commitment'.

No idea whether the SPFL said anything similar or whether HMG might be interested in this.

ETA: this isn't a question specifically aimed at Rangers - the same might apply to all other clubs using furlough, including United.  Are transfers moral or legal at the moment?

Edited by The DA

To play devils advocate here, is it any different to any other line of business where they have their business not trading , staff members furloughed and taking the opportunity to spend on business improvements i.e refurbishment of premises.

Morally wrong, very possibly but illegal, No.

Not as if being illegal would stop that repugnant mob doing it

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

To play devils advocate here, is it any different to any other line of business where they have their business not trading , staff members furloughed and taking the opportunity to spend on business improvements i.e refurbishment of premises.

Morally wrong, very possibly but illegal, No.

Not as if being illegal would stop that repugnant mob doing it

It's not illegal. I don't think they're even using the furlough scheme, could be wrong.

It just seems very poor to me and a slap in the face to anyone who has taken a deferral/cut.

Have we actually signed a player yet?

What usually happens in these circumstances is that we get a lot of fuss about Sevco's tyranny, then other clubs do the same and it's no longer a problem. 

Never change PnB.

Have we actually signed a player yet?

What usually happens in these circumstances is that we get a lot of fuss about Sevco's tyranny, then other clubs do the same and it's no longer a problem. 

Never change PnB.

Your correct, Hagi not signed yet. Though looks like it will be complete soon.

This whataboutery is stupid. You mention would any other clubs be questioned. Can you highlight any other clubs who have their players deferring their wages, yet spending transfer fee, agents fee and signing on fee, on a new player.

Again, if you highlight these other clubs doing this, then we can discuss.

5 hours ago, The DA said:

I've not kept up with other clubs' furlough arrangements, Kincy.  Did Rangers furlough any of their staff or team?

No idea if we have.  However, as you'd expect, the east end muppets think we've furloughed players and want wee Krankie to get on the case:

Edited by The_Kincardine