Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

6 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It’s takes some doing but Rangers are showing themselves to be less cuntish that the SPFL.

Hopefully the truth comes out.

No they aren't.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I like that - but it's maybe a bit ambitious.

With Partick being part of the Coalition of the Just will we be seeing 50/50 Rangers/PT scarves in Maryhill next year?

I just had a read at ICT's Carlsberg Statement and this para stood out:

We believe that serious questions remain over the actions of the MD of one club during the now infamous vote on April 10th and what happened between the submission of their legally binding ‘No’ vote before the fake 5pm deadline and 5 days later when they became the only club out of 42 to have “negotiations” with the CEO and Chairman of the SPFL and with “big hitters” or persons unknown, before being allowed to vote for a second time. This time to carry the SPFL Board’s resolution with a Yes vote. A genuinely independent investigation is the only possible route to try and uncover what happened and it may or may not reveal the reasoning behind their apparently contradictory statements since then.

Now given that and also that your club's chairman was embarrassingly exposed by the SPFL Exec and was inveigled in to the manipulated ballot process, how can you post about this being about Rangers?  It isn't.  We have a league organisation whose execs have behaved reprehensibly and should be called to account.

I have highlighted a section, as this was written by a guy who had "negotiations" with the CEO's of Dundee and Partick Thistle prior to the vote. 

They just didn't go his way and he now feels very bitter.

I have highlighted a section, as this was written by a guy who had "negotiations" with the CEO's of Dundee and Partick Thistle prior to the vote. 
They just didn't go his way and he now feels very bitter.
Someone should tell him to take a seat.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know that John Unicorns and Rainbows Nelms was played like a fiddle so I can understand why he may well be embarrassed by this whole process and will keep his gob shut.

However, the question is not what 'big hitter glamour' he was fooled by but the process of his vote being rescinded in the first place.  Interesting to listen to an experienced lawyer such Hearts' Les Deans on Sportsound yesterday scoff at this and call the change of a legally cast vote in to question.  Same with Partick's QC in his analysis a couple of weeks ago.

The SPFL botched the vote in the most egregious fashion so, of course, it has to be reviewed.

How do you think your season had went until the world went on fire? 

Do you think your board are using all the shitstorm from that as a way to stop the fans of your club to not think about how bad they have been managed, played and governed this season?

How are season ticket sales going, should there be a good look at some gardening leave for Stewart Robertson?

This smokescreen is so obvious,  I'm sure that even you or Bennie,  who are both very smart and like us all also like a wee wind up to other fans.  The only reason this is a major point for your club is to sell tickets and to take the spotlight of the failings of the team, manager and board.

I am honestly asking and not trying to get one over or be smarmy, QoS got a "Get out of Jail" card. We are lucky that Partick were marginally worse than us,  but even they have taken it with decent grace. You're smarter than it's all about the vote, SPFL board, Neil Doncaster or sporting integrity. 

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Come on mate, are you really happy with the spfl's behaviour during this?

I've not seen one poster on this site over the last 2 months express admiration or satisfaction with the SPFL's handling of this.

You responding to any criticism of Rangers with suggesting that they have either makes you a simpleton or (as I suspect) using lazy deflection tactics away from your club.

I’m no fan of Doncaster but f**k me, this isn’t even subtle. This is purely about stopping 10 in a row or at least getting a wee asterisk applied to number 9. Grow fucking up. Doncaster was part of the cabal that bent/created/ignored new and existing rules to shoehorn your new club into the leagues ahead of older and more deserving clubs. Why are you all biting the hand that created you?

An independent inquiry into how a new Rangers managed to win a place in the bottom league would be interesting.

i guess I shouldn’t have used the word win as it had nothing to do with merit.

2 hours ago, Cornishman said:

Seen this from Private Eye yet?

025iqm1hwyx41.jpg

The eye have been reporting about Shifty for a few years now with a few articles about him.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

An independent inquiry into how a new Rangers managed to win a place in the bottom league would be interesting.

i guess I shouldn’t have used the word win as it had nothing to do with merit.

I'm guessing you're talking about the 5 way agreement?

Lots of rumours about what went then but no definite facts, it should be out in the open imo.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've not seen one poster on this site over the last 2 months express admiration or satisfaction with the SPFL's handling of this.

You responding to any criticism of Rangers with suggesting that they have either makes you a simpleton or (as I suspect) using lazy deflection tactics away from your club.

Obviously a lot of the posts supporting Doncaster/spfl are wind ups, with a fair bit of self interest thrown in too.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Obviously a lot of the posts supporting Doncaster/spfl are wind ups, with a fair bit of self interest thrown in too.

Any examples of this?

Not just someone laughing at Rangers, but suggesting the SPFL have acted brilliantly throughout.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Any examples of this?

Not just someone laughing at Rangers, but suggesting the SPFL have acted brilliantly throughout.

You haven't seen any posts supporting Doncaster, awa and dinna talk pish...

Doncaster handled the vote very poorly & made it farcical. The best thing that could then happen for him was Rangers to be chief cheerleader questioning the process, as has happened. They are so shambolic with everything they do, they’ve released that many statements over the past couple years meaning their words carry absolutely no weight whatsoever. The club is treated with disdain by everyone involved in Scottish football. This 200-page dossier detailing absolutely f**k all is tip of the iceberg. Doncaster should resign down the line, his last hurrah should be to chuck the book at Rangers for their whole involvement. I’d also like him to state that they’re only in this mess because they are constant failures on the pitch. That would go down so well with Rangers fans.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

OK, you're a simpleton then. Apologies for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Not one person has praised Doncaster.....

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Not one person has praised Doncaster.....

Anytime someone criticises Rangers dossier, you respond with something along the lines of 'oh everyone thinks the SPFL is doing a brilliant job'.

This is clearly not the case, but if you have examples of gushing praise for the SPFL/Doncaster for their excellent handling of this situation and beyond, then I will stand corrected.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Anytime someone criticises Rangers dossier, you respond with something along the lines of 'oh everyone thinks the SPFL is doing a brilliant job'.

This is clearly not the case, but if you have examples of gushing praise for the SPFL/Doncaster for their excellent handling of this situation and beyond, then I will stand corrected.

There isn't enough hours in the day for that to be true.

I suggest that you read back through the last 2 week6 of the sportsound thread.

Bennett is a moron 

He just repeats the same lies and bullshit over and over again hoping someone will believe him , the only one he actually convinces seems to be himself.. 

Edited by Bohemian