Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As live on BBC Shortbread - the Scottish Cup Final of 2002.  The day my youngest was born.  I won't disclose the outcome* for those who don't know:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/52122818

Hide contents

It was a girl

Enjoy

I'd forgotten just how dirty their team was back then, so much for their myth if being a footballing side.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'd forgotten just how dirty their team was back then, so much for their myth if being a footballing side.

They were absolutely brutal.  Sutton's bodycheck on Caniggia was easily a red card.  There's only one team trying to play football here...

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

How highly was Amoruso rated by Rangers fans? 

I always seem to remember him being a bit of a joke figure amongst folk but I always rated him. 

Ferguson is controlling this game. 

I was in a pub in Richmond (curiously enough called the Orange Tree) to watch Amo's debut vs 'them'.  He came on after Petric got injured and was a revelation.  I always loved the big man.

You're right about Ferguson.  Best player on the pitch by an HMRC's tax estimate.

Edited by The_Kincardine

W ex

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I always seem to remember him being a bit of a joke figure amongst folk but I always rated him. 

Amo' was a bit of a hindrance in European games

I was in a pub in Richmond (curiously enough called the Orange Tree) to watch Amo's debut vs 'them'.  He came on after Petric got injured and was a revelation.  I always loved the big man.
You're right about Ferguson.  Best player on the pitch by an HMRC's tax estimate.

I’ve been outside that pub when I was down for the rugger. Think it had a spit roast outside ooer

14 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I’ve been outside that pub when I was down for the rugger. Think it had a spit roast outside ooer

Could be.  The Orange Tree was a Youngs pub and had a theatre upstairs.  Good boozer, though.

The Sun Inn was more of a rugby pub and was a little nearer Richmond Green.

12 hours ago, Dele said:

As player he could be an outstanding defender, but would occasionally get a bit big for his boots and drop an absolute clanger.  He started demanding to take free kicks, which 99 times out a 100 would end up in row Z.  After being relieved of the captaincy he seemed to settle and concentrated on defending much to the improvement of his game.

tldr:  He wis a kafflick.  Never liked the c*nt.

Absolutely no way would Ibrox sell out for a Colts vs Cove League 2 match though it may do for a game vs 'them' at the start of the season or if we were close to a title clincher so the idea that it's for financial reasons is nonsense.
I can see Craig Mullholand's intent - he wants to 'blood' players earlier than we do now and get them stepped up more quickly.  Let's face it, the 3rd and 4th tier is likely where most of our colts will end up anyway given how few move up to the first team.
OTOH 3rd and 4th tier football in Scotland is fucking brutal and most players think they'll be penalised if they kick the ball less than 30 yards.  Add in the neanderthal attitude of players and the mediaeval mindset of many diddy fans wherein, "half the wee 'h' b*****d, Tam', is likely to be a common cry, then I can't see this ending well.
On balance, it's a no from me.
I thought you guys enjoyed the journey??

Anyway, the C&R Colts won't be allowed into the senior leagues next season and if they were ever allowed in thereafter they'd be starting at the 9th tier in the pyramid system.

16 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

As live on BBC Shortbread - the Scottish Cup Final of 2002.  The day my youngest was born.  I won't disclose the outcome* for those who don't know:

I'm guessing they turned out pretty staunch.

Do I win?

Surprised it took so long.

Rangers can confirm that First Team players, Manager, coaches and Executive Directors have volunteered to take a salary deferral for the next three months. Senior players and staff were keen to ensure that no Rangers employee suffered financial hardship during this crisis.

All parties volunteered and wholeheartedly agreed to defer wages to ensure that fellow colleagues could continue to be paid their salaries in full. We are proud of the leadership and responsibility taken by senior members of staff, and acknowledge the positive impact that this will have on everyone at Rangers. We firmly believe in the ‘one club’ concept and are united in our collective goal of making Rangers the very best in every facet of football life. We are resolved that the integrity of the club is maintained as we continue our focus on ensuring the financial stability of the business.

Due to the extraordinary challenges from the ongoing crisis, Rangers intends to implement the Coronavirus job retention scheme for a number of employees.

Rangers will ensure that everyone furloughed under this government scheme will receive 100 per cent salary through ‘top up’ assistance from the club with all other conditions and benefits remaining unchanged

9 hours ago, sugna said:

I'm guessing they turned out pretty staunch.

Do I win?

Nah.  My three are in to egg-chasing, dance and horses.  Were you think I'd have started our own wee family ludge in South Bucks?  Another failure, Shug ;)

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Currants everywhere will be spewing into their loving cups.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-52184743

FFS Archie.  There is a thread for this sort of pish and it's not this one.